The Hong Kong thread

Discussion in 'Travel' started by morphine, Feb 6, 2007.

1. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Hi Bro! Where is this? I'd love to try it. :)

2. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

I think its Tim Ho Wan, try google map it,
    but its not as good as when they started in a crowded stall, now its just so-so,

3. kolim

kolim Member

Visit the original branch of Tim Ho Wan in Mongkok. Really good dimsum!

4. siriusdan

siriusdan Member

wow i really want to go back to hong kong if only for the food!!!

5. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Guys, has anyone tried going to Disneyland right after arrival? We're booked on a hotel in TST area. Is there a luggage deposit in Disneyland? Just curious if doable. :d

6. iCaduceus

iCaduceus Active Member

I believe there is none. No luggage deposit (unless its new) unlike Universal Studio Singapore were they do have since disneyland hotels are just a bus away, i guess. As for going there, yes you can always go there for there is a connecting train all the way to the Hongkong International airport to disneyland or you can always go which way you have arrange your transport. For us we book at disneyland hotels so no problem with that. (You got to experience the whole disneyland).

7. DON2003

@macxchange, they have luggage storage service beside entrance to the park with charge,
    since you staying at hotel, just go to the hotel 1st and deposit luggage at lobby then mrt to Disney, its easier and same travel time,

8. iCaduceus

iCaduceus Active Member

^ so i guess there is. Never bother to ask when i was there since i didn't need it for we drop our things in the hotel. Don is right, its easier to travel and take photos on route with nothing in hand, just the camera.

9. DON2003

just came from there weeks ago, they have storage at the left side of the main entrance to the park, but the park entrance is a not too short walk from the MTR station,

its your call which best suits your plan,

10. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Isn't Disneyland HK nearer from the airport?

Travel time from the airport to TST would take about 45minutes via MRT. Then back again to the Disney station takes 40minutes.

I guess you're better of depositing your luggage at the park entrance so you don't have to go back and forth.

Its also a question which is more valuable: time or money.

11. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

sir macxchange, also what time are you arriving? From our experience (with kids with us) we can not finish the park in one whole day, lalo na if you're planning to ride, enter all their activity, theatre. Kulang ang one whole day from opening til closing. But if you're arriving there early in the morning like 7am, para abot po kayo sa opening ng park. I suggest that you just go to your hotel first, get your room number and just tell them that you'll be back late in the evening, deposit your luggage and just ride the mtr. oh, by the way, we went there pala on a week day.

agree din with sir mykolant, its doable naman. but you'll just have to choose between Time plus pagod for going back and forth.

12. auron

auron Member

[​IMG]
    any one have tried this ride in ocean park?

13. katrinahsi

katrinahsi Member

NP360 Cable Car will be suspended for 2-days (June 26-27) for maintenance. FYI

Source: http://me.lt/6VEKK

#1333 katrinahsi, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  14. DON2003

my elder son tried it, its not that scary riding it daw, much scary looking at it from below,

15. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

Here's what we did... Arrived at hkia past 9 am. Checked-in and freshened-up at the hotel and went back to disneyland. Hotel was at nathan road in mongkok. Got there around 11 am just in time for the opening. Went back the hotel at around 6 via mtr. Kids went to the rides they want a minimum of 2 times. Disclaimer... There were only few people in the park as it was a monday and the weather was hot, humid and sunny. Also there were only a few attractions that my kids were looking forward to so that explains how it was possible that we ended our day at 6 pm. Being anaheim disneyland visitors every other year, they have picked their favorite attractions and made a plan 2 weeks prior to the trip using the map from hk disney. Walked around mongkok the remainder of the 4 nights stay as i was working. Next time i am planning to bring them to ocean park.

16. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ yup you can deposit your luggage at disneyland. my friends went there straight from the airport. forgot lang how much it cost them.

17. DON2003

what hotel did you stay? puwede check in 9am?
    usually kasi 12noon check in time earliest HK hotels, di ba?

18. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

if they would not allow early check in, ask them if you could leave your luggage at the reception. we just stayed in a hostel & left our luggage with them since we arrived early (around 10am) & came back late afternoon to check in.

19. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

^ That's what we did. We left our luggage in the reception and they just gave us a claim tag.

We went to disneyland on a week day - wednesday to be exact. If we're going back again and may kasama kami ulit kids, we'll try to go first at ocean park before going to disneyland. :) laki kasi ng expectation ng mga kids na kasama namin when we went at ocean park. hehe. But they enjoyed it as well.

20. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

arrived around 10:30 at the hotel since we arrived around 9 am at the airport. the cityview hotel or the chinese ymca. 10 mins walking distance to the school i conducted a training on. we were about to leave the luggage at the reception but the front desk said the room is ready so we brought them to the room and freshened-up a bit.