The Headphones / In-Ear Monitors Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by macxchange, Mar 14, 2007.

1. loko__loko

loko__loko Active Member

2. louie_gudboy

louie_gudboy Member

3. eag

eag Well-Known Member

Ended up getting the Sony WH-CH700N, which only costs about as much as the Anker I was originally thinking of getting.

4. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Shure SE535 is on sale (?) at P2,499 from Lazada

What do you think? Fake?

#3944 Dekra, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    raypin likes this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...lots of fake shure being sold online. Avoid.

Dekra likes this.
  6. pael

pael Well-Known Member

looking for a true wireless earphones with aptx -- as a solution to video-audio lag. would you have any recommendations? :)

7. raypin

Mmm....when I want wireless listening without disturbing others while watching Apple tv and can be used with any in-ears and most headphones...I use Astell & Kern XB 10.

https://us.astellnkern.com/products/astell-kern-ak-xb10

Good price right now....and it is AptX HD-ready.

Try it.

Edit...DM egghead.

#3947 raypin, Jul 17, 2019 at 12:34 AM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM
  8. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

9. ebelerma

ebelerma Member

I'm currently using a Klipsch T5, no lag. But if you are using an ios device, and you are after latency, I would still say airpods / beats are beyond compare.

10. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

https://crinacle.com/2019/07/14/best-sounding-true-wireless-earphones-2019/ --- A review that swims against the tide.

Pretty much every review site is singing the Sony WF-1000XM3 praises. They're up for pre-order and are dropping here around August 7th for $299 cad. The Senn MTW is now selling at $300 cad as well.

The Sony doesn't do aptx whereas the Senns do. The former does have active noise cancelling though, similar to its big brother, the WH-1000XM3.

11. raypin

Mm...just a note about AptX or the Sony equivalent, LDAC......AptX , Aptx HD and LDAC have to be compatible both on the receiver and transmitter end (your source like smartphone, digital audio player etc,). Otherwise, what your in-ear or headphone will be receiving will not be Aptx but lower-quality bluetooth standard. It has to be AptX end- to- end.

12. wuyckie

wuyckie Member

I was able to upgrade from 65t elite to active 65t elite for additional money due to static issue. Now i enjoy the active 65t elite way much better. I cant even hear my kids call me multiple times at home.haha...

13. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

Anyone know where I can have my wireless earphones fixed? The right earbud just stoppedd working, not sure if the problem is the charging case or the earbud itself. Thank in advance.

14. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The Master&Dynamic M60 headphones have a wired cable for when you run out of battery life. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack adapter for those holes bigger than the standard headphone slot.

raypin likes this.
  15. raypin

Mm....earphones, wired or wireless, are hard to repair if at all. It depends on the presence of a repair center for the brand. For instance, Sennheiser has a repair center in Greenhills. If no local after-sales is present, your only recourse is to directly write the manufacturer.

hitme64 likes this.
  16. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

The manufacturer offered to have it replaced without me sending back the damaged earphone as long as I cut the defective earphones in half to show that it cant be salvaged anymore, then send them a pic of it. I just pried it open to show its torn apart, it can easily be put back, im hoping someone locally can repair the power issue of my wireless earbud.

17. raypin

Mm...take the offer. Even in the unlikely event that some "technician" was able to "repair", you have no guarantee that the problem will not recur. Also, where will the technician get spare parts?

Reminds me of the neighborhood siraniko.

#3957 raypin, Jul 18, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019 at 3:00 PM
    hitme64 likes this.
  18. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

How do you guys maintain the ear pads on your headphones, to keep them from cracking or peeling or crumbling?

I keep on buying replacement pads, surely there's a better way?

19. raypin

Mm...buy pleather.....protein leather. Much more durable than leather earpads. Or one made with velour.

For leather, buy a leather conditioner to keep the leather supple and prevents drying that causes it to crack and peel. Also, keep your headphones stored in a dry, cool place like inside a cabinet or inside the presentation box it came with.

Afte each use, wipe all the leather surface of sweat. For extra care, I use headband cover/ protector similar to this:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...dband+cover.TRS0&_nkw=headband+cover&_sacat=0

And for earpads storage protector, I use this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pairs-60...308474&hash=item25f89044e2:g:Zo4AAOSwiu1dHG9U

For quality earpads replacement:

https://dekoniaudio.com/products/

#3959 raypin, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 12:11 PM