The Headphones / In-Ear Monitors Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by macxchange, Mar 14, 2007.

1. hrbautista

hrbautista New Member

bro, interested sa westone 4r mo. text me 0932.862.7128 if available pa. btw, i have hifiman re600 if you are interested...

2. drew_viii

drew_viii Member

Hi, sorry but sold it long time ago... hehe but will text you with some other IEM i have here thanks

3. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

so, did anyone here fund ossic x?

4. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Your Favorite Entry-Level Headphone, Revived

In 2010, HiFiMAN released the HE-300, HE-500, and HE-6, a series of headphones that rivaled those from the world’s most established brands and redefined price-to-performance expectations in their respective categories. This product line solidified the still-young company’s status as one of the most respected names in the audiophile community.

Today, we’re proud to announce the Massdrop x HiFiMAN HE-350, a custom product based on the company’s entry-level HE-300, which was eventually discontinued despite being a clear favorite for many. This model has everything you loved about the original, plus a few awesome updates made in response to feedback and requests from the community.

[​IMG]

What's New

The HE-350 uses entirely new dynamic drivers, different from those in the HE-300, resulting in a more neutral sound signature with less distortion and more detail. We've also improved the cable connectors and plug, and updated the frame to HiFiMAN’s latest (and much lighter) structure. We made the headband more comfortable for those long listening sessions, and changed the colorway from black and silver to a more understated black and gray.

Best of all, we’re able to offer the HE-350 at an even more accessible price point. How accessible? We’re talking $99.99 shipped to your door in the United States. Developed in collaboration with our friends at HiFiMAN, this will become the entry-level audiophile headphone recommendation.

[​IMG][​IMG]

HE-350 Frequency Response Graph
    [​IMG]

Specs

• Massdrop x HiFiMAN
    • Driver: 50 mm dynamic
    • Impedance: 50 ohm
    • Sensitivity: 93 dB at 1 mW
    • Frequency response: 15 Hz – 22 kHz
    • Velour ear pads
    • Detachable cable
    • Cable length: 53 in (135 cm)
    • Cup connectors: 0.1 in (2.5 mm)
    • Plug: ⅛ in (3.5 mm)
    • Weight, with cable: 12.1 oz (343 g)
    • Weight, without cable: 10.6 oz (301 g)

MSRP is US$300.00. Currently on Massdrop for US$99.00 only.

zoo101, hitme64, raypin and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

image.jpeg I finally have this, bought from the land where AKG was born (but still Made in China) AKG K451 travel headphones

jcsantamarina and raypin like this.
  6. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

harman kardon here... nice sounds BUT im not a headphone guy so i feel like my ears hurt/ sweat after awhile

7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm.....in-ears = no sweat, no hurt.

8. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Upgraded my daily driver Bluetooth headphones yesterday, to the Sony MDR-100ABN. I almost went for the Momentum 2.0 Wireless, until these came along:

[​IMG]

First time to experience digital noise cancellation (on any headphone) as well. It does cancel a lot of the ambient sound... I have to try this while on an airplane. :D

9. Amaru

Amaru Member

Found a good deal last month on Philips Fidelio X1. Sold my Fiio X1 and got a X3ii :)

10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

WP_20160513_23_26_36_Rich_LI.jpg mmm...giving the HD 800 S a helpful boost with the Heimdall 2 cable. Result: WP_20160512_14_29_35_Pro_LI.jpg

11. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Miocic KOs Werdum in Round 1. New UFC Heavyweight champion.

12. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Oops sorry wrong thread.

13. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

How's the noise cancelling? A great pair of NC headphones has been on my wish list for quite a while. I currently have the Backbeat Pro's; NC is decent given the price range but my recently purchased Momentum 1's (gotta love Egghead for discounting these babies) w no NC offer almost as good isolation as them. Kinda disappointing.

14. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

I haven't had much experience on other NC headphones, but compared to other non-NC Bluetooth around-ear headphones I've used so far (Bose AE2w, Pendulumic Stance S1+, Sony 1RBT Mk2), the 100ABN actually does the job well. My office has this aircon/ventilation low-end noise, and the NC can cancel it out completely. I compared that side-by-side with the 1RBT and the difference is noticeable. Still, I want to do the ultimate test and try it out with aircraft noise, but that will have to wait until next month. :)

I read in reviews and forum threads saying that, along with the Momentum 2, they're almost up there with the Bose QCs in terms of NC, but not quite. Can't confirm that though so I'll just take their word for it.

neldeles likes this.
  15. phonephone

phonephone Member

Can't wait for the Bose QC 35 to come to the Philippines! It's what I've been looking for, the best wireless cancelling heaphones! Sucks that I just bought a Beats Studio for it's adaptive noise cancelling. It also means goodbye to my Bose Soundlink On Ear..hehe

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/featured/qc35.html

SpydeR_AR, ronnel0918 and Provboy like this.
  16. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^beats and bose...

17. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I just bought a Sony MDR-ZX330BT for my son and he's loving it especially the long battery life.

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  18. eyemac

eyemac Active Member

been using the trusty Bose QC15 but with reports of the iPhone eliminating the 3.5mm jack then I'm looking at the Bose wireless QC35.

19. DJ Steal

DJ Steal New Member

AiAiAi TMA-1 for the past 3years.. :) before that it was the sennheiser HD251-II

20. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm getting interested with Bose QC35. Now torn between Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless and Bose QC35. If the price is not far from each other, might get the Senn.

I hope BTB carries Sennheiser and Bose products so we can avail the member's discount. :p

----

I emailed Bose Philippines. QC35 will be available by mid August. Price is Php22,500.

#3200 ronnel0918, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    phonephone and SpydeR_AR like this.