The Headphones / In-Ear Monitors Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by macxchange, Mar 14, 2007.

1. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

Check out the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 :)

2. bytethebeef

bytethebeef New Member

Hi Guys, long time lurker now posting my first (or so)....
    I'm a sort of headphone freak and through the years i have owned and auditioned a lot of headphones among them are:

1. Beats Solo and Studio (Back when these Headphones are Monster Branded)- I was curious 'bout the hype, so i gave in, if you're into bass heavy tracks this is your headphone, muddy bass though but i heard the new Beats are really good though the price point is unjustifiable.
    2. Grado SR80i- Now these HPs are a bang for the buck! A $99 "Audiophile grade" retro style HP. Warm sound and very tight bass really really good for Rock & Roll tracks. Its an open back HP so sound leaks a lot. (I'm planning to get the PS500e but they are almost 600 Clams!)
    3. B&W P5 (1st Gen)- these are on ear HPs made by Bowers & Wilkins, stellar build quality, topnotch design metal and lambskin ear pads but you pay a price as these are $300 HPs. They are not as exciting as the Grados (soundwise) but playing Hi-Res Audio over them would make you realize that you're getting what you paid for IMHO.
    4. Sol Republic Tracks HD- the On Ear Track HDs are better than Beats HPs hands down, they are cheaper and has a very nice build quality, very interesting design as they have interchangeable headbands and detachable earcups (Sol is founded by the son of Monster founder, Noel Lee)
    5. Jaybird SB2, Freedom, BluebudsX- these are On Ear and in ear HPs respectively. They are sweat and water resistant earphones, best for the Gym or any physical activity. Beats Powerbeats Wireless are blown out of the water with these especially the BlueBudX earphones. Best wireless earphones for the gym, build-wise & soundwise!
    6. Parrot Zik 1.0 and 2.0 - these Over the Ear HPs are awesome designed by none other than celebrated French Industrial Designer, Philip Starck! These are Active Noise Canceling wireless BT/NFC headphones which is controlled via an App (IOS/Android) very exciting sound signature as you can control the EQ via the App. It doesnt stop there as music on the HPs can be controlled via swipes on the capacitive right ear cup, Right or left swipes to control the tracks and up and down swipes to control the volume. The 1.0s is very heavy though but the 2.0s is just perfect! Battery life is kind of a downer (6 - 8 hours, although the batteries are replaceable). These aren't cheap though, $399 for these hi-tech HPs!
    7. Bose QC25 Active Noise Canceling Headphones- Best ANC Over the Ear Headphones! Very light and very good sound signature, i like the new understated design compared to the QC15s.

I have sold some of the above but i retained a few: the P5 (which i hesitantly gave to my wife), bluebudsx (for the gym) and the Zik 2.0 & QC25 as my main HPs. Hope the insights/opinions i have provided above will provide anyone on choosing the right HP for them. I think the best advice is before you by your HP, try to audition them first, listen to your favorite music through the HP you are auditioning, hear if it brings a new dimension to your faved music!

https://instagram.com/p/33nCZhsGmt

zoo101 likes this.
  3. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

Marshall Monitor

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmmm.....from one headphone freak to another, thanks for unlurking. :)

5. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm, the Noble Savant is priced exactly the same as Westone UM Pro 50 at ¥79,800. Interesting...

6. raypin

mmm....the baby Noble Audio K 10, at half the price. They say that the sound signature is balanced, slightly V-shaped with slightly emphasized bass and treble.

7. PowerCycles

PowerCycles New Member

Hello guys! It's my first time to post here.

Sir raypin, will you please do a comparison between FAD VI, Noble 4C and W300AR? I have the FAD VI at the moment and i'm thinking about getting my first CIEMs. I would really appreciate it. :)

8. raypin

Mmm.....FAD Pandora's Hope VI and the Advanced Acoustic Werkes W300 AR share the same driver configuration: They are hybrids with dynamic drivers and a pair of balanced armature receivers per channel. Similarity: Full-sounding sound with contrasty highs and lows, with the mids slightly recessed. Difference: P. Hope has a larger soundstage (with an airier top). I would not consider them as bright headphones/in-ears. Noble Audio 4C (quad balanced armature) is tonally more balanced than the other two. The treble is smooth, the mid-range is slightly more forward while the bass is on the polite side. Of the 3, the Noble 4C has better detail retrieval/resolution and is somewhat more analytical. P. Hope is the most musical of the 3 and the W300 has the best bass presentation. With the differences in mind, I love all 3 but if I had to choose, the Noble 4C wins. It has a pleasing tonality that just renders music in a very beautiful manner. To address the bass issue, I pair it with an amp that brings out the bass or use a copper cable (Effect Audio Thor copper). Auditioning as much as possible is best, to narrow the choice. The W300 AR and Noble 4C are my first 2 ciems. I love them both and you can't go wrong with either. Two paws and two meows........purrrr!

#2908 raypin, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  9. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

any news on when the new models from soundmagic would be available locally?

10. ronnel0918

I have contacted Egghead and they still have no idea when.

11. PowerCycles

PowerCycles New Member

Thanks for your comparison sir raypin! But maybe i was a little bit excited posting and didn't notice that what you have is the Pandora Hope VI. I was referring to FAD Heaven VI which I have. :D I've heard that to bring out the best of W300AR, you must use a pure silver cable. But anyway, i'm leaning towards the Noble 4C. Hehehe

12. ronnel0918

Someone is selling his Noble 4C with Double Helix Peptide v2 CIEM Cable at Facebook Headphiles Marketplace for Php25,000. :)

You can contact Gab of Polaris Audio Design for the Ownership Transfer Service (OTS).

13. raypin

Mmm.....that's a very good price. Bnew is 32k without the upgrade cable (double helix).

14. raypin

Mmm.......I have not tried silver with the W300 AR.

15. Airmaxone

Airmaxone Active Member

beats by dre

16. raypin

mmm.....ot: Been breaking in the reasonably priced amp/dac, the iFi iDSD Micro. Hot,darn, rootin' tootin' dooda, boy, I am impressed. This small marvel can just drive any headphone right now and yet remain sensitive enough not to overpower sensitive in-ear monitors. So, if you are ready to graduate from your Fiio, this iFi is a sure upgrade experience without the need to sell your kidneys to pay for it. Your headphone will thank you for it. Excellent product.

ronnel0918 likes this.
  17. ronnel0918

Yup, I have read anything but praises for that thing.

18. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Slightly OT: Try the song "Bonfire" by Knife Party on your IEMs :)

raypin likes this.
  19. raypin

Mmmm........looks ugly but performs like a <bleep>, the iFi iDSD Micro in action: . WP_20150629_13_23_07_Rich.jpg

emsy likes this.
  20. angelwings_hk

angelwings_hk Member

Where did you buy the headphone stand?