the good ol' Counterstrike days...

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by prue_halliwel, Jun 17, 2007.

1. i know it's been a goner but m just wondering... is there a net cafe where Counterstrike is stil hot? does anybody still play it? i miss those days... it was different... :)

2. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

I think almost all the internet shops still offer Counterstrike. The issue is that less and less people are playing them nowadays :)

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

When I still had my tablet pc my officemates would invite 4 or 6 of us to meet in one apartment to spend the night playing counterstrike over wifi.

that was not more than a few months ago, but now work filled our free nights that we can't take time to meet. CS is still a classic for FPS games (as Starcraft is my classic RTS game).

4. i miss the CS community.... where there are 32 players in a map... saaaaraaap bumaril... i remember i even absent from work just to play...hahaha

would love to hold a deagle now... hehe! :rolleyes:

5. noweev

noweev Member

CS memories! :)

I would setup the office computers for CS so me and my friends can play there after work. One time, I even brought home 4 computers from the office so we can play at home :) hehehe!

6. edric_the_dude

edric_the_dude Active Member

i havnt played CS since last year,
    i miss playing CS eventhough im not that good at it.

7. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

i've had my share of CS way back. it's one title gamers can't get enough of when we still had our own net cafe (next were battle realms & red alert). that was in 2001 :)

8. oh yeah... Battle Realms.. do i remember this game right? powers are fused to become Necronomicon? i normally always pick dragon...

9. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

not sure i recall necronomicon, but yes the 4 clans: dragon, serpent, lotus & wolf :)

10. Jeff

Jeff Active Member

I first played the game way back in 1999. Back then, it was still in beta 5 version. Mostly played in net cafes with my barkada. And boy, we were really good. Playing for 8-10 hours straight almost everyday certainly helped.

11. Marco

Marco Member

Ah remember thoose days. Played Counter Strike, but when a friend of mine draged me to try WOW i was hooked and was slowly dropping down on CS. But do play it when i dont have anyting to do. A good time killer :D

12. jps444

jps444 Active Member

counertstrike days wooowww peak of competitive spirit for me in network gaming hehehehe!!!

13. 48check

48check Member

ok so how about we setup a cs eb?

14. Now that i think is a gppd idea... :rolleyes:

15. ooooopss..... antok na ata... meant responding to the CS eb...

16. now that i think is a good idea... :rolleyes:

17. 4daftershake

4daftershake Member

You buy an original Counterstrike Source and get online. You can play as much as you want with lots of players. It is only when you buy original counterstrike that you can get online for free.

18. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

I remembered playing CS in PLDT Play. Unfortunately people started to use cheats. The game's not fun anymore. :(

i miss the sounds: "Fire In The Hole!", the AWP's booming gunshot and maybe the tagalog version radio. "Naitanim na ang kamote." :)

19. yeah yeah... oo nga... sobrang aliw...

id still remember everytime id get killed... sasabihin, "aaaaay, patay!"

hahaha...

and my friend once changed my configuration, everytime i fire... there's veggies, chicken, pork, bread, etc that comes out from my rifle....

hahaha...

20. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

Started playing CS in Hobbystop along Katipunan during its beta v7 days. I had so much fun playing with my MBA classmates that 3 of us actually put up our own network gaming/internet shops. ;-)