The Fujifilm X-Series camera thread

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by cutegel007, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ericb

ericb Active Member

Hi everyone, are there workshops within Manila where an aspiring / newbie photographer like me can learn basic photography?

2. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

X100F
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunil_K and Provboy like this.
  3. cdrubio

cdrubio New Member

For me, I think it depends on two main things: Your budget and your primary use.

If your budget allows you to purchase the X-T30, then go for it since, as you said, it is more future proof and generally performs better than the X-T20. But if the X-T20 fits your budget better, then that might be the better option. Even if the X-T30 does fit your budget, it might be a good idea to save money, go for the X-T20, and invest in lenses, just like your sister said.

What is your primary use going to be? If you need the camera primarily for video, then the X-T30 is the better choice. If you're primarily going to use the camera for photography, then the X-T20 might be enough for your needs. If you're shooting fast moving objects though, then the X-T30 might be the better option.

Hope this helps!

tonedeaf likes this.
  4. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

always check with fujifilm ph's facebook page on their upcoming workshops, most of them are free and can help you meet fellow fuji users and learn from them

ericb likes this.
  5. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Any suggestions where to best buy one? Currently eyeing the X-T100 and Henry's online deal seems to be the cheapest so far. I was thinking about just getting the X-A5 since I still have a DSLR but the lack of viewfinder is a bit of a deal-breaker.

6. cdrubio

cdrubio New Member

I think Henry's and Camerahaus are good options. Any store that carries official local Fuji units with warranty would be a good choice. I was asking around a few weeks ago and sometimes the difference between the shops would just be the freebies or the terms of payment. If ever there would be a price difference, it would be small. The stores with official local Fujifilm units generally price it around the official price of Fujifilm PH.

I'd say go for the X-T100. The presence of a viewfinder definitely justifies the higher price of the X-T100. I'm partial to using a viewfinder. You might look for it too since you're a DSLR user.

tiffitotz likes this.
  7. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I ended up buying the X-T20 from i-Click Digishop in Glorietta (it has branches elsewhere like Megamall). I think the prices there are quite good; same as Camerahaus prices - just compare. If you can afford cash/straight charge, choose that option, the stores give additional 10% discount. When I was comparing among brick and mortar stores, I found Henry's prices to be higher - not sure if it was just timing. As the Xmas season approaches, I think the promos and discounts will be more competitive. Good luck.

8. markandapps

markandapps Active Member

Excellent choice. What lens did you get? Or body only?

9. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

My primary use is actually to learn how to use a "real" camera, for photography not video. I ended up with an X-T20 although I really wanted the X-T30. I just couldn't justify the extra 10-15K. It was so funny when I got home with the X-T20 - I couldn't even figure out how to remove the 18-55mm lens. The sales staff from i-Click actually took pains to explain the features to me when I got the unit - he even helped me install the Android app etc. But really, I had no idea what he was talking about. It's only now that I understood that he was explaining aperture priority and other settings to me. Hahaha. Remembering how foreign the camera seemed to me - it's why I was probably right in getting the X-T20. Hahaha. In fact, I'd have been better served with the X-100 series first, and later on upgrading to the more complicated models.

10. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

I got the X-T20 with the 18-55mm lens kit. And last week, I got the 35mm f2 (taking advantage of the Fuji lens festival and the 10/10 promo of Visa - where I will hopefully get another 10% off).

11. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

X-T4 is coming this month with a bigger battery capacity, higher resolution flippy screen, and finally IBIS! It’s the same sensor though and is likely $200 more than the X-T3. Who is getting one??