The Fujifilm X-Series camera thread

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by cutegel007, Jan 5, 2012.

1. markandapps

markandapps Active Member

Your pictures can make very good wallpapers. Very nice.

2. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Anyone buying an xt30 in megamall tomorrow? I’ve been eyeing the 35mm f2 and it’s on sale tomorrow but you need to buy an xt30 first to avail the discount, so if you’re buying one maybr I can buy the lens from you please!

3. markandapps

[​IMG]

I'm ready to buy XT20 with XF 18-55 kit lens lazada from this store. I've contacted the store and they only provide the 7 day lazada warranty and nothing more. The price is so enticing. It's way less than the 52k price from an authorized Fuji store here in Zamboanga city.
    What is your take and advice for me? What are your past experiences? The store said the camera and lens are brand new. If I push through with the purchase, this will be my first ever purchase of a mirrorless camera. Never owned a slr camera before.

4. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

I would rather buy in the facebook page xpph x-shop, there are reputable sellers there that offer fuji gear with official warranty at a lower price than those at the stores. Check the fb page and joing the group.

5. markandapps

Thank you. Joined the page and there are so many options. Also, I considering the Xe3 with 23mm lens.

6. murmurr

murmurr Member

any inputs on the Fujifilm X-T30, for video recording

7. markandapps

I can't afford the XT30 but I'm leaning towards purchasing the XT20. Any input with the XT20 and the 18-55 XF kit lens?

8. ebelerma

ebelerma Member

Which part of video recording specifically are you interested in?
    I would say for general use, the quality is superb. I record in 4K and use the Eterna film simulation by default (disclaimer: I am a beginner at video recording; in fact, I switched from a DSLR to the XT30 to try video).

The file size is quite huge (given it's 4K), so you would need to have a large space for storage. It has a maximum continuous recording of 10 minutes, but this is more than enough for me, per clip. I use 23f2 and 50f2 which are both not stabilized so this is probably one of the challenge since the XT30 doesn't have an IBIS. I did not have a chance to use an 18-55 (which is stabilized), to compare. Maybe other folks who use XT30 here can give more inputs. :)

9. markandapps

How's the bokeh with the fast lens you have? I have the 18-55 on the XT20 and OIS does a decent job removing jerks/shakes. But I am left in wanting with the F2.8 aperture in low light situations.

10. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Looks like you purchased the X-T20. Congratulations!
    The f2 primes of Fuji namely the 23mm, 35mm, 50mm are all wonderful lenses. In fact they rival their f1.4 versions in terms of bokeh and sharpness. and they are known to have faster af than their f1.4 counterparts. Of course the f1.4 versions would win in lowlight because of it’s wider aperture. I personally have the 35mm f2 and I’m very happy with it. Bokeh is wonderful, af fast, it’s sharp even at f2, low light is something you would expect from an f2 lens, it would perform great on typical low light situations like say, a night time in a still decently lit city street.

While I do not have the 18-55mm, with ois I would assume it will help with low light shots. And you have to consider that the 18-55mm has a variable aperture and would go to f4 at the 55mm focal length. Numerous reviews out there would say that the 18-55mm of fuji is one of the best kit lens you can buy. Try mixing up your settings like increasing your iso or lowering your ss to compensate during low light. And I highly suggest shooting raw so you have more flexibility when editing the photos. I can still pull great photos with an underexposed shot even by two full stops.
    Btw what do you normally shoot?

markandapps and ebelerma like this.
  11. markandapps

Hello, sorry to get back to you late. I wanted to have at least more than a week with the Fuji XT20 and see the pictures in a large screen and compare the results with a smartphone camera.
    My primary intention of buying the XT20 was to shoot videos but at least 90% of the time, I take photographs! I am on manual mode all the time (focusing is on continuous autofocus).
    Yes, I tried mixing it up the settings and the image quality is amazing.
    I am shooting jpegs since I don't know how to edit raw photos. I do edit photos sometimes on Final Cut Pro X. Maybe I'm just lazy learning Lightroom or a new program. For now I'm sticking with jpegs. BTW, What photo editing software do you use?
    The XF 18-55 is very versatile but setting my sights on the 23mm F2.