The first iPhone: Six Years since release

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by LeoCastillo, Jun 30, 2013.

1. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

Got my original iphone a few months after released from the states. Since then i have owned every iteration except the 3Gs, in addition to my other phones from HTC and Blackberry.

2. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

here's another shot of our first screens, from that first philmug iphone meeting in september 2007. all very basic, and no wallpapers! ;)

[​IMG]

3. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

Got my iPhone I think August or September 2007. Ever since i did not use any other brand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

I remember watching SJ and him saying "This is the iPhone"..I knew it was the phone I've been waiting for. I'm sure a lot of here can remember how crazy we were switching phones every 2 months (with all the nokias that they released every month!) I was using an E series phone then.

Sadly I was't able to get a classic iPhone 1. It was too pricey for me that time being just out of college. I bought the first gen iPod touch instead. 2. I use 3G a lot. 3. I promised to get the 3G version.

I got the 3G version from an online seller who got it from Globe. then upgraded to iPhone 4 from SG..tried the note 2 for almost 2 months but went back (upgraded) to iPhone 5. :D

5. doughn

doughn Active Member

my first iphone is 2G from states (AT&T) , then i accidentally bricked it while installing some apps...even people from applei.ph cant fix it :(,
    then i also got the 3G , 3GS , 4s, now the 5 ,

i also tried android htc wildfire (booo...) and now Note2 before the iPhone 5, i must say panis ang note sa iP5.

i only use the Note2 for my PLDT Landline and uTorrents :)

6. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

Wow, Angel Directo attended the event.

7. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

oh, was that her? (and before people start asking who "angel directo" is, here's a quick backgrounder: Scammer runs off with almost Php 50 million in cash and items | Technoodling

and there's already a philmug thread on the subject here:

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f10/warning-local-apple-resellers-scammed-goods-sold-gray-market-83250/

so let's keep to the topic, folks, and pursue any further leads or comments on angel directo in the appropriate thread, thanks!

8. dakilang_waiter

dakilang_waiter Active Member

The original iPhone was purchased with from my salary from my first job in 2009 :) Watching the keynote of Steve Jobs announcing the iPhone impresses until now, even with all the newer devices currently in the market. Apple really was the one that was able to really create this new product category and created something much more than what anyone expected.

I've had other phones since, but would always go back to the iPhone. While having other phones, the iPhone was always more tempting and desirable. Got the 3GS from Globe. Then the the iPhone 5, also from Globe.

9. ocruz

ocruz Member

As a broadband technician in a hotel, I always envy our guest who have then the First iPhone. I always anticipate guest that would like to hand me their iPhone to connect to the internet. I was fascinated on the way it looks and how it is responsive to the touch that the guest would see that I had their phone connected to the wifi but didn't want to give it back. Since then I want one but years had passed and I got my own iPhone 4 last May of 2011. Now upgraded to the iPhone 5 and never think of changing phones.

10. viper2lt

viper2lt Well-Known Member

Wow! Legendary Jesus-phone. Got mine many months after the launch and yves worked on my iphone for upgrade and jb. Got the 3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s. Keeping my hands away from the best thing to happen to iphone since the iphone... The iphone 5 as business is a little slow.

11. lylesantos

lylesantos Member

I got the first iPhone months after it was released, and I got it real cheap (24K). I used it for a good 3 years before I gave it to my mom, who is still using it.

I'm currently using an iPhone 4S.

12. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

Got mine Nov 2007 At&t for 25k from a cousins friend. Skipped the 3g models 4 models and now after 6 years...
    [​IMG]

13. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here. I got mine in 2007, skipped all the other models, and used it until November of 2012. Our difference is that I skipped IP5 and got a Nexus 4. :)

14. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member

The 2007 keynote speech for the iPhone introduction is my favorite. I still find myself watching it every now and then.

I got my original iPhone from a friend who bought it in the US and never got to use it because a JB is not yet available for her iOS version. I bought it for 5,000PHP less the US price so it was a bargain. The very next day, a JB came out and I immediately went to Power Plant to have it JB.

I believe Yves was the one who JB it :)

I owned all iPhone model, except for the iPhone 5. I normally sell them when the new unit comes in. Now I'm trying to collect all of them, starting with the original iPhone. I bought one from sulit however the screen is broken. I'm hoping GreenHills' folk can refurbish them :)

15. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I got the original iPhone in January 2008. I remembered having to use a Gevey sim (or whatever it was known back then) to use it. Skipped the iPhone 3G since 3G networks were not yet widely available at that time. I got the 3GS from Globe in 2009, then been upgrading to the unlocked versions of iPhone 4, 4S and 5 every year thru a friend in Singapore. I'll see if I can resist the 5S itch this year and wait for the iPhone 6 next year.

16. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Nico, I think it was plainly known as the Turbo SIM back then.

17. ivin

ivin Active Member

got my 2g iphone way back in 2009 in highschool, my friend gave it to me coz he got bored with it na (luckily, he was rich ;)) i used to kept tinkering with my iphone just t make it faster and getting it factory unlocked.
    then got my 4s as a gift 4 months after it was released, then iphone 5 as a grad gift this year :D
    tried switching to android but always kept coming back to apple :D

18. thinman

thinman Member

Bought my first IPhone 8gb last 2008. Realized I needed a bigger capacity so I sold it after 2 months and bought 16gb. Up until now it is still running.

19. lmd052300

lmd052300 Member

Well my first iphone is iphone4 last yr. Sold it out and get 3gs pretty weird. Now i'm waiting for the so called budget iphone. I hope it will fit my buget

20. LeoMarley

LeoMarley Active Member

first iPhone was the 3G from Globe back in 2008. used it until Feb of 2010 and switched to Android. bought my GF's iPhone 4 last January and now have an iPhone 5 as well.