The condo thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by ice, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

@ice not a resident there, but judging from the plan, it's indicated there - FCU or fan coil unit. Split type. The balcony indcates as well two ACCU units provision for the living room and bedroom 2.

2. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Split type for Living Room and Bedroom 2 both of which will have the external unit at the balcony.

Window type for bedroom 1 also peeking out at the balcony.

3. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

yup... but since the smallest split type I can find there is 1HP... too strong for bedroom 2 which is only 7sqm

also trying to avoid too much outdoor A/C units as it will make the balcony unusable.

4. ice

I was thinking of the same set-up... but then I will always have 2 A/Cs running at night.

1 indoor unit of the multi-split... and the one at bedroom 1

was initially thinking of a portable A/C for bedroom 2... but I've seen a lot of reviews against it.

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Determine first what is the power requirement for the installation of your aircon units. Ours has 2HP, 1HP and 3/4HP on the power breaker. This I can tell you how I did it in my condo: set up the 2HP Split-type in the living area, a 1HP or 3/4HP in your bedrooms. The 2HP actually can cool the entire condo if you let it run for a while. Open the bedroom doors and it will cool them down. I never open 2 aircon units at the same time. Even the window-type 1HP in my bedroom can cool a 56-58sqm floor area. It also helps to install ceiling fans or stand fans to assist the aircon in cooling down your place.

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...56 sqm is too large for a 1 HP split type. I used to use an underpowered 1.5 inverter on a 23 sqm bedroom. When it conked out, I replaced it with a 2 HP split type inverter. Savings around 1k per month in electricity.

7. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Good life lesson. Underpowered aircons under stress (constant cooling mode because desired temp is never reached) is less economical and easier to conk out. It’s always better to have an over powered AC if un doubt, it will get to your desired temp faster and then rest its motors longer.

i’d bite the bullet and follow the suggested layout AC installation. I can live without AC in living room, but not going to sleep a night inside a windowless room during Manila summer heat.

raypin and catalysmic like this.
  8. hitme64

No, for 56sqm condo I have three aircon units: 2HP, 1.5HP and 1HP. Opening the 2HP is enough to cool a two-bedroom condo without necessarily opening the other aircons.

raypin likes this.
  9. wewen17

wewen17 Well-Known Member

Make sure if you are going to ‘over’ power your ac’s, you also change the corresponding electrical wires and breaker so as to prevent overheating and fire.

10. ice

Anyone here who knows how to contact DMCI?

Our unit will be handed over in less than a year and I'm trying to get our unit's floor plan.

(Wife has started negotiating with interior designers)

11. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

@ice, you can try this: https://www.dmcihomes.com/
    There's a "Contact Us" section near the end of the page.

12. ice

We sent them a message through email and FB Messenger... no reply.

leninmac likes this.
  13. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Which condo. I have Lumiere’s PMO contact number 0917 629 3417. Not sure if this is going to help, here’s DMCI’s leasing office. 85557777 loc. 7368 / 09178817368.

14. ice

Thanks. We'll try calling them tomorrow

15. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

do you guys have recommended interior designers?

SMDC tower one is suuuuper delayed :( any unit owners who has the same issues?

leninmac likes this.
  16. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

If you own a DMCI condo, be sure to check your records; they haven't been diligent in record-keeping/updating.

maryjane likes this.
  17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

If you’re looking for just the furnitures, Crate & Barrell offers free interior design. They will personally check your unit and make recommendations. Just a caveat, their furnitures are quite expensive.

guwapito likes this.
  18. ice

Update on communicating with DMCI...

Strangely, they replied through FB Messenger - is it really that hard to reply to emails?
    Our unit will be handed over is less than a year and floor plans are not yet readily available - wow (n)

19. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....if they cannot provide you with the blueprint or whiteprint of the floor plan, you can easily make one using a tape measure and software like Visio or similar or, better yet, leave all the job to the interior designer.

If your unit is still under construction, ask for the brochure or better yet, look at the layout of the model unit that is similar to yours.

Use the free basic. https://floorplanner.com/pricing

#219 raypin, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  20. hitme64

Which condo are you going in? Lumiere’s North Tower is still rolling out this November despite the 3-month lockdown and a lot of people are already asking to see their units. It took us an additional 2 months to redesign our unit before we moved in and had to plan every single piece of furniture, closet, bed and bath items just to maximize space.

leninmac likes this.