The Battery Threads merged (all battery talk goes here)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by DON2003, May 29, 2006.

1. alfa

alfa Member

I have a mid 2011 13-inch macbook air and its battery died. Battery did not hold any charge at all.

I had the battery changed by burn and jhoy in greenhills. The battery works like a charm. While using the mac air the battery discharges, I reckon, a little faster than the original battery by about 5%. On standby the battery holds its charge almost equal to the original battery. There's very little or no disxharge at all. The replacement cost me P3,000 labor and materials.

Burn and Jhoy 09178999200 and 09227175088

Mykolant likes this.
  2. oliver_g

oliver_g New Member

^i have the same model sir. the weird thing is, cycle count is only at 200, but battery died completely. it was holding charge well last time i used it. unfortunately, it went unused for about 3 months. is that normal?

3. alfa

alfa Member

that battery should last more than 300 cycles, ask your supplier ot change it or at last give you a discount on the post warranty replacement

4. oliver_g

oliver_g New Member

Oh ok. You mean I can take it to an Apple Service Center and possibly get it replaced for free since it's defective?

5. oliver_g

oliver_g New Member

Battery info below

Attached Files:

6. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Who is the best authorized repair provider for this battery issue? I have a macbook pro 15 with touchbar under applecare that is showing Service Battery. I don't want to bring it to a repair provider who will immediately tell me they will reinstall the OS just to diagnose the problem.
    Also my letter "B" in the keyboard is acting up.

7. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Posting again to trigger notifications... sorry...