The Apple TV thread

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by raypin, Aug 9, 2008.

1. JojitF

JojitF Member

I am no longer able to mirror iflix in my Apple TV. Anyone else having the same problems? I hope iflix did not intentionally blocked it.

2. oloccin

oloccin Member

Anybody here who had problems connecting the apple tv to a wifi network?

Mine was working well then suddenly cannot connect to wifi anymore.

3. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

Iflix doesn’t support mirroring.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...Tidal.com expands to AppleTV (and Android TV). Available at the App store since December 20. Installed it on my ATV (4th gen) and my subscription works. Works great if your ATV is hooked up to a decent speaker set-up (or a soundbar at the very least).

5. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

Anyone else having problems with Amazon Prime Video app?

6. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Yup, I need to restart the ATV(3rd gen) to get it running again.

7. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

what sort of problems? I used mine last night with Apple TV & it worked fine. It was very buggy though during the holidays. some shows wouldn't play or would freeze, but it's been fine every since.

8. Somnambulist

It won't run and I get an error message. I tried reinstalling the all already. Will post a screenshot soon.

9. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

In my experience, The Prime Video requires more speed / bandwidth than the Netflix App.That's just the way it is. I've been using both since it became available with Getfilx.

10. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

It works when I restart the ATV. It works with all my other devices, Mac mini, MBPr, PC and Kindle Fire. It's only on ATV that I need to restart to make it work.

11. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

That and there's no dedicated CDN (content delivery network) in PH unlike Netflix and YouTube (PLDT/Globe is cocky about their broadband speed because of this). Basically you need to get Amazon's content from offshore servers while you watch Trending YouTube videos on PLDT's WAN.

Best PLDT fibr can do is 1080p on a weekday evening. 4K during morning/afternoons. Quality is much nicer though.

Theus likes this.
  12. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Hi,

Anybody knows a way to watch iFlix on ATV4? I think it used to be allowed to mirror the iPhone and then play iFlix, now, it seems not the case anymore. It closes every time.

Thanks!

13. JojitF

JojitF Member

I am having the same issue. I First thought it was because of the iPhone X but tested with iPad and get the same issue.

14. Somnambulist

That's not the problem. Amazon Prime Video works perfectly on my NVIDIA Shield TV.

The app won't run. I get an error message. I reinstalled it several times already.

15. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

A pleasant surprise re the 4K - it has good synergy with the interface of my Sony 4K tv and my iPhone X.

Specifically, the tv remote can control the Apple TV quite well. When I click Sleep Now on the Apple device, it also turns the TV off. The iPhone turns both the Apple TV and the Sony on and off through the control center. Love it when gadgets work well with each other.

The best part? Demonstrating all this to my wife, to further justify my purchases. (y)

Netskipper likes this.
  16. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

It's HDMI-CEC protocol. Chromecast + Google Home can do this too and it's kinda magical. "OK, Google, play <a music video>" and Chromecast will turn on your TV and play the video.

You can actually just toss the SONY remote and use the ATV remote for better voice search and scrolling. Just press the TV icon on the remote to turn on and press and hold to turn off (sleep) Apple TV and TV at the same time.

SE20 likes this.
  17. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Last night I turned on my ATV 4K so that my wife and I could watch some shows but we ended up watching the Aerial screensaver for half an hour. That thing’s hypnotic haha.

bacchus_3 and raypin like this.
  18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

denzzurcaled, bacchus_3 and SE20 like this.
  19. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

^ Agreed! My favorite is the view of an airport from above.

20. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Same issue here, using Apple TV 4K, works fine on Mac and IPhone but not on Apple TV. I'm using Getflix SmartDNS to watch geo-restricted apps and I am accessing using USARegion and using a US Prime account.