The Apple TV thread

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by raypin, Aug 9, 2008.

1. iJav

iJav Active Member

The 200mb limit is on the app size and developers will have to work around it. I'm not sure why you would find it to be a deal breaker.

2. Pupkin

Pupkin Active Member

200mb limit is good enough for Apps for sure. But isn't enough for a better games.

3. Reggie

Reggie Member

Check if your Synology model is on this list and if it can support the Plex Media Server (PMS) software locally: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-Ac4oOLPRtCkgUxU0jdj3tmMPc/htmlview?sle=true#

If it is/can, download the NAS software here: https://plex.tv/downloads

If not, you can always use a Mac/PC/Linux as the PMS, using your NAS as the library.

I heard a VLC app is also coming to the Apple TV so that's another route to stream videos directly.

4. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

well, tvOS apps will still be allowed to download additional data on demand or from iCloud. the bandwidth the Apple TV will need to sustain this seamlessly, however, is a totally different matter...

5. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

This exactly describes the article I read about online couple days after the 4th-gen ATV was announced - it won't have Siri in other countries.

And to think the main selling point of this ATV is Siri-search :|

6. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

My new ATV just arrived today – it is my first. Honestly, I have no idea how to ‘maximize’ its use, let alone use its basic functions. hehe!!! I’m not a techie person.

So I’d like to second or support the suggestion of the Chairman (if I’m not mistaken) for a “new ATV meeting.” I need to learn… badly! :)

#2586 greeneyes, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

the non-Siri remote that should come with the new ATV is a dealbreaker for me...so i guess i stick with the old reliable puck

8. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I hear ya, man. Experience ATV with two different personalities.

Apple TV with Siri Remote :cool:

[​IMG]
    Apple TV without Siri Remote :(

[​IMG]

raypin and hitme64 like this.
  9. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

Will somebody please give me any tip where to buy this Apple TV 4 here? Lusting myself on that new PLEX app. Just finished two PLEX MEDIA SERVERS with more than 5,000 HD Movies in it.

Thanks

10. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

C
    Can you buy one for me please? hehehe

leninmac likes this.
  11. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

On the iTunes movies page, I sometimes see that there are old movies with iTunes Extras added. I was curious how to update my library if I already bought the old version of the movie. Found this from the Apple support site: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203020
    Interestingly, I bought the SD version of Scott Pligrim vs The World when it came out a few years ago and it had iTunes Extras. But when I check the movie on the store page, it doesn't have iTunes Extras. What gives?

12. Reggie

Reggie Member

I got mine Tuesday and love it! One thing I haven't seen from reviews is the volume learning feature the Apple TV has. It will ask you to press and hold down the + volume of the remote you use on your system, then again with the - volume button. It then uses the learned IR signals on the Apple TV remote. No need to specify your tv/avr/amp brand and keep trying remote codes.

13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

a friend is selling me his apple tv second gen, and its really cheap like the price of a branded hdmi cable hehe. just wondering, is it good as an audio device to stream from my macbook/iphone to the amplifier? this is going to be the main use for the atv, so i'm wondering if its a good option? thanks in advance :)

14. drew_viii

drew_viii Member

saw the new atv4 at greenbelt 3 power mac :) but got mine from japan :) siri is working fine with mine, using my US itunes account

15. angelo

angelo Member

Yes, I bought mine from iStudio BGC and Siri works with my US iTunes account.

16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

yes, it is...same as what am doing with mine...so go ahead and buy that cable, err, atv...

shootertwist likes this.
  17. iJav

iJav Active Member

^I'm also using the 2nd version. Agree, go ahead and buy it.. Actually, if you check the prices in ebay.com, the 2nd gen apple tv is selling for a higher price than the other models. :)

shootertwist likes this.
  18. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

Why is it that I cannot use my NBA League Pass on my new Apple TV? Help... please!

19. ramil

ramil Active Member

What iTunes account are you logged into while trying out NBA League Pass? For me, I need to use my Philippine iTunes account for NBA League Pass to work. It doesn't work whenever I am logged into my US iTunes account.

20. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

I tried using my Philippine iTunes account... it still didn't work.