The Amazon Kindle thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by empty, Jul 30, 2010.

1. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Didn't realize you could read comics in a kindle. Obviously better on an iPad for the color, but this would be fine for comics like the walking dead which are b/w anyway

Attached Files:

2. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Been tinkering with my Kindle for the past few days and I have to say, I love it! I actually prefer it over my old Kobos.

3. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Thanks for the tip. I learned this the hard way when I bought my Kindle using their currency converter... lol

4. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got my first Kindle (2015 paperwhite) from NelsonKRX. Love it! Would probably get another one for the missus.

5. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

Can you recommend any brick-and-mortar shop that sells Kindle cases? I'd rather not buy online as I'd like to check the look and feel of the case first.

6. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm so bummed that the battery of my Kindle Paperwhite doesn't hold its charge as long as advertised. In fact, my is like an iPad now, after a day's low batt na agad.

Now I have a reason to buy a new Kindle? Hehe.

7. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Do you use a case? I encountered a bug where the PW does not turn its light off even after you put it to sleep. If you have a cover you won't notice it but your battery life suffers greatly.

8. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Try GadgetPinas at Unit 01 G/F Octoman Blog., Mabini St, Manggahan, Pasig.

I haven't really gone there yet but I do know they have a store at that address. I have bought from them online though. HTH.

cyberathlete likes this.
  9. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

I use the Amazon leather case. I read something about that bug so it became my common practice to turn off the Kindle before closing it.

10. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

+1 here. I bought my PW there. Street is horribly narrow so be ready for that

cyberathlete likes this.
  11. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Anybody buy the Kindle Voyage?

Do you accidentally press those side buttons? Do you recommend the Voyage over the Paperwhite?

TIA

12. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Amazon prime reading for kindle/kindle apps now available, great addition on my prime membership, hopefully i get to use my kindle paperwhite more hehe

13. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I've had the kindle voyage for a few months now. I haven't accidentally pressed the side buttons, but aside from better resolution I can't really say it's a whole lot better than my old paperwhite. The new paperwhite already has the same 300 ppi display resolution anyway.

Godfather likes this.
  14. boobtubefreak

boobtubefreak Active Member

Anyone here with a Kindle Oasis is it worth the steep price? I love my Paperwhite but thinking of upgrading to the Oasis.

15. rage30

rage30 Member

I use kindle oasis in exchange for my very old kindle w/ keyboard. Was still able to sell my old kindle. :)

16. Bruce Hall

Bruce Hall Member

Any place in the Phil have Kindle Fire 7" LCD screen replaced? My screen stopped displaying images, but the front glass is not cracked. I have asked around but so far I have not found anyone who has a replacement screen. I am not sure it is even worth the expense of fixing it, since I only paid US$30 for it during last year's Thanksgiving sale. Buying a replacement screen in the U.S. and shipping it here is not worth the money.

17. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Fell asleep and woke up with the battery completely drained. Managed to use it for a bit when it suddenly froze as I was turning a page. All the troubleshooting I did was to no avail because according to the folks at Mobileread, the fact that it became warm to touch as I was doing the 24hr charge troubleshoot method meant that my battery is dead. I'm surprised that it only took 1 fully drained battery to kill it. :( although I did notice that it sometimes didn't go to sleep like it should when I closed my sleepcover.

Lesson learned. Don't fully drain a Kindle.

18. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry, just to clarify, you fell asleep while reading then the Kindle drained itself overnight? I thought the Kindle had a 10-minute sleep timer?

19. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Yes that's what happened. I have around a quarter of battery left that night then when I checked in the morning, it was only the big battery symbol with the exclamation mark that appeared.

20. onefour

onefour Member

Where can I buy a kindle here in metro manila which issues official receipts or sales invoices? I need the receipt for company reimbursement. TIA. :)