Tethering with Globe

Discussion in 'iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-branded entertainm' started by mannysator, Jun 18, 2009.

1. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

connection is slow though, but it did fix the tethering problem after reseting the network settings. seems that when you edit the apn the tethering option will disappear on the menu.

2. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Active Member

THANK YOU, dubeditions!

A few seconds ago, I was only able to browse through my iPhone, but after downloading from www.iphone-notes.de/mobileconfig/ I am now able to TETHER through BT.

Thanks!

And yes, initially when I tried to do this without the above link, my tethering option DISAPPEARED on my iPhone.

Basically I downloaded something from the site above that changed my iPhone's factory-GLOBE network settings, and now I can surf from my MacBook. (Very sneaky, Globe hehehe). Oh, I am a post-paid user.

Will now try through USB.. :)

Thanks!

#122 NoisyCricket, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  3. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Active Member

TESTING..

Disconnected from BT tether.

Still connected via USB.

Manually inputted all IP addresses, subnet masks, routers, etc. as indicated above into Ethernet connection 3.

Chose USB internet tether. :)

TESTING... SUCCESS!!

4. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

Tethering is great especially if you're in a 3G-rich area i.e. Makati CBD or Ortigas. I use it most of the time when I travel with my macbook. Works every time. ;)

5. gilbeys

gilbeys New Member

I need help. I turned internet tethering on but my laptop can't detect it. I'm not really techie... Tia

6. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

i can't get a stable 3G connection, every time I surf it switches to EDGE darn.

7. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

guys, I am prepaid Globe user. every time I open tethering menu, there is a popup "To enable tethering on this account, contact Globe"

I already reset the settings in cellular data network and Network settings but still no go for me. any help guys?

8. j6l_hanopol

j6l_hanopol Active Member

Agree with you. I use it every time, and since I'm always On-The-Go, I really need it specially when there are no hotspot.

But I think Globe need some enhancement with their network, it's kinda slow. I just used tethering for Philmug browsing, E-Mail, and all Apple related sites.

9. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

guys, is your 3G connection with Globe stable? coz even I have a full bar of 3G sigal when I connect to the internet it changes to EDGE.

10. raze94

raze94 Member

im in the makati cbd and it goes off and on every now and then. ive been using my iphones tether everyday for almost 2 weeks now and i noticed that the connections are a lot slower in the afternoon even when im using google chrome. i prefer it over the tattoo casue i dont get disconnected every 10 minutes, and i spend about the same amount as with the tattoo.

11. enrique1784

enrique1784 Member

I followed this instruction the MBP & iPhone will connect but when I access Safari it says no internet connection (bdw, i already switch off airport)... What should I do?.. :(

12. bunghole

bunghole Guest

There seems to be no problem when you're using a MAC. If your OS is Windows XP, try these steps:

1. Reset All network settings in your iPhone
    2. Reboot your PC
    3. Before plugging in your iPhone via USB, turn OFF the "Cellular Data" option
    4. Plug your iPhone
    5. Turn ON Cellular Data
    6. Turn ON Internet Tethering

This should work...

If not, right after doing the above, double check your network connections.
    See if there is a disabled apple device connection in the list, then enable it. Hopefully, you're ready to browse.

Note: be sure to disable this connection before unplugging your iPhone.

There might be a driver issue for iOS4 with XP.

Hope this will help.

13. champ

champ Member

I dunno if this was related to Internet Tethering stuff.. or it belongs to this thread.
    But i was able to connect to the internet using my iphone via USB.

1. Installed padnet apps from cydia.
    2. Installed padnet dekstop for mac. Just follow their instructions.

Just realized its illegal to discuss it here.

14. knide

knide Member

Hey guys, sorry for not back reading but I was wondering, if you have a globe tatoo sim and you already registered to the unlimited 1 day or the 5 day unlimited, can you insert that sim on your iphone and use tethering?

Thanks for your feedbacks. :)

15. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

No, since prepaid uses a different APN thus when you edit the default APN for Globe on your iPhone (which is for postpaid) the tethering option will disappear.

16. beecube

beecube Member

so it seems Globe has ways to prevent tethering and they don't seem to like us doing it .. I have an unlocked phone (not tied up to any provider) but using a Globe postpaid sim I wonder if Globe knows when I am tethering. I only did this a few weeks ago thinking I am covered by the unlimited data plan.

17. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

You can do this by uploading an IPCC that edits your default APN to the prepaid one and enable tethering on prepaid. I've done this way before in 3.0x so I'm not so sure if it'll still work on 4.0x. This is without "unnamed" ;)

18. cclozano

cclozano Member

finally got to use iPhone 4's tethering (option's not there when I got my iPhone 4 last Sunday's launch), big thanks to this thread! All I did was reset network setting (to factory defaults), voila!

19. chng238

chng238 Member

Apple limit iphone bluetooth function.....

Iphone BT only allow connect to BT headphone........

the only way to use iphone tether to your Laptop, you need to use USB connect iphone to Laptop.....

before connect, do switch the wifi at Laptop.....

20. sidapa

sidapa Member

isnt tethering available via bluetooth as well? I see screenshots with bluetooth