Tempered glass for Macbooks

Discussion in 'Third-party Accessories' started by mongkee, Jun 18, 2019.

1. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Is this advisable? Wouldn't the tempered glass add some thickness to the already almost-exact spacing between the screen and keyboard when the Macbook is in a closed position?

I've begun considering putting a tempered glass protector ever since I've had my screen replaced due to the staingate issue. Now that it's new, I'm thinking of putting a layer of protection to preserve the new screen and make it last a little longer in case Apple's free screen replacement program is eventually terminated

Hoping to hear other users' experiences with tempered glass-protected macbooks. Thanks!

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

had one installed on my first ever Macbook (more than 10 years ago)

never installed one again since the Macbook isn't touchscreen so I felt like there's no reason for anyone to touch it :)

just be careful wiping the screen

3. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Nope don't recommend tg—normal ones are fine. I've always had a screen protector installed in all of my MBP's. Staingate bothers me and I'm willing to give up a bit of screen clarity for less maintenance. My preferred screen protector is the Moshi iVisor Anti-glare series. Screen's have been like new for me in all of them (oldest one I have dates back to 2013).