Targus Wireless Mouse for Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by coolpix32, Apr 18, 2009.

1. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Targus Bluetooth Laser Mouse for Mac

Hi guys! Has anyone tried using (or owns) a Targus Bluetooth Laser Mouse for Mac?

I initially saw this in Power Mac and it seems like a good alternative to Apple's WMM or Logitech V470.

After going through the threads, it looks like the Logitech V470 is the best alternative to the WMM. I'm currently evaluating alternatives to WMM.

Here's the link to the Targus Bluetooth Laser Mouse for Mac:
    http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=AMB08US

#1 coolpix32, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. banksxs

banksxs Member

My A470 is the best P2,200 I've ever spent on anything! No regrets. I like it because it runs smoothly on just about any surface, including the bed. I think it's because of laser.
    About the Targus mouse, I didn't see anything about laser and/or bluetooth technology in it.

For any case, I highly doubt the functionality of this mouse. Sure, it's a Targus, but A470 is worth every penny.

3. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Btw, I edited the title to read: Targus Bluetooth Laser Mouse for Mac to be more accurate and avoid confusion. The original title I used when I posted didn't reflect the edited title, hence the possible confusion.

Anywyay, there are two types available: the bluetooth and wireless (with radio receiver). I'm interested in the bluetooth.

Thanks guys! :cool:

4. Jeff

Jeff Active Member

Here is an extensive review.

5. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Thanks Jayrus. That was a good review. :cool:

6. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

I've been pining for that mouse as well since I saw it at PMC. Big and flat, optical scrollwheel and sidescoll buttons for the BT version are all great for me. Not the price though but it should alleviate a bit of pain from using the v470 which is a bit arched and heavy.

7. mackymd

mackymd Well-Known Member

I use a genius Bluetooth mouse that can double as a presenter tool as well and it is cheaper than the targus one. Got it from Greenhills a few months back.

8. filjedi

filjedi Member

9. Drew4601

Drew4601 Member

10. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Nice find, very tempting at the price he gave. Makes me want to replace my own mouse. :p

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

the arc mouse looks good, cheaper than a wmm...but logitech is the best hand's down choice...

12. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

Me and my gf went to the Power Mac Cyberzone SM North Edsa last saturday and we saw this Targus bluetooth mouse and they sell it for about 2,7++ thousand pesos! Same as V470 Price! No demo units but the optical scroll looks interesting.. but i think there's a negative review behind it..

"A bit big for mobile MacBook users; optical scroll sensor isn't the best for super-accurate scrolling."

13. coffeelover

coffeelover Member

Wow, that price is quite low, I got it at around P3k at the Singapore Changi airport just last week. :(

But on a positive note, the mouse feels good on my hand, but the optical sensor takes some getting used to. Still, I like this and it replaces my V470 as my main mouse at home.

#13 coffeelover, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  14. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

not bad for adding 300pesos for that item.. at least you're satisfied.. :)

15. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm thats odd... at PowerMac Powerplant they are still selling it for Almost 4K php.

I checked out reviews for this mouse online and noticed that opinions are mixed. Some say its the best mouse they bought other say its a terrible disaster.

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-AMB08U...ageNumber=2&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

#15 Salaryman Ryan, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  16. coffeelover

coffeelover Member

It's more of a love hate relationship. It looks great, the optical sensor works great most of the time, except once in a while when, I don't know, the humidity or my sweaty palm or whatever makes it go crazy or at least horribly inaccurate.