Syncing iPod to computer 2 without erasing new music

Discussion in 'Non-iOS iPods' started by carriolan, Oct 5, 2011.

1. carriolan

carriolan New Member

I have two computers with iTunes. All the music from Computer 1 has been downloaded to my iPod. I would like to download all that music onto Computer 2. However, Computer 2 has newer music on it that is not on my iPod/Computer 1. I can't figure out how to get the music from my iPod onto Computer 2 without erasing the new music. Suggestions? Thanks.

PS: Both of computers are on Mac OS.

2. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Why not just copy the music from Computer 1 to Computer 2? Seems like a simpler solution.

Leo

3. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Or just copy the music and transfer it via flashdrive. Or burn them unto dvd, you'll get a "physical" back-up to boot.

4. carloslegarda

carloslegarda Member

Or set up Home Sharing in iTunes on both Macs. Then just copy over the music that is not yet on Mac 2 from Mac 1?

5. cmama125

cmama125 New Member

Can a flash player be installed at IPAD2? Where can I buy original applications for my IPAD without jail breaking my IPAD

6. alanniwhite

alanniwhite New Member

The music on computer 2 won't be erased but the music on the iPod will be erased. If this music was purchased through iTunes and all through the same Apple ID then they can be downloaded onto the computer through the iTunes store. For non-protected music on computer 1 you can just make a back up copy cd then load that cd onto computer 2. For any protected music you would need to make certain it was purchased through the same Apple ID and that computer 2 is an authorized computer under that Apple ID.
    If it still can't work, you may refer to this article sync music from iPod to Mac, it also include transferring music.
    Hope it could help you.

#6 alanniwhite, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013