Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by raypin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

If you have or know someone who has a bdo shopmore card, there is a promo starting May 6 for online purchases. They will give you a rebate equivalent to 20% for purchases above 20k.

potpot2 likes this.
  2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm....none. Singapore and HK are the nearest.

3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

just wondering... is it cheaper to buy in japan or in the US?

4. raypin

Mmm......U.S. Microsoft official retail for the base model of the Surface Pro 4 is USD 899.00 vs. USD 1260.00 from Microsoft Japan. Microsoft HK follows the U.S. price.

5. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

Surface Pro 4 owners, may i know how it looks likeon the surface watching a full length movie? Since the screen ratio is 3:2, is it true na medyo maliit ang viewing if it's a 16:9 sourced movie. Kindly compare to an ipad / pro. Thanks

6. phonephone

phonephone Member

Something to consider when buying from Japan. They don't cater to foreign buyers. I say this because they only sell Microsoft items in Japanese. I bought my Surface 3 with the keyboard and they all came in Japanese. Yes there's English letters on the keyboard and it's still usable but there's minor differences in where the symbols are placed and there's like three characters inside one key. It took some time to figure out where the equals, plus, minus, etc. signs were.

As for the unit itself, the first startup language is in Japanese. I had to look at youtube videos on how to go through that initial startup process. Even if I had already chosen English as my preferred language, it still won't show the language. I had to download Windows language packs before it would work. It's a bit of a hassle but smooth sailing afterwards.

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  7. raypin

Mmmm.....on the Surface Pro 3 with the same 3:2 aspect ratio, 16:9 formatted videos are letterboxed, ergo not optimum. That's the reason why I use the Surface's Miracast feature which wirelessly mirrors content to Miracast-enabled TV and devices like WDTV.

8. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi guys! Just wanna ask if anyone here knows the value of a second hand but in mint/excellent condition MSP4? My dad wants to switch to macbook 12". The specs are 256GB, 8gb ram, i7. with bluetooth keyboard with fingerprint and pen. :D We are planning to post the item but we dont know the current value here in the Philippines.

9. raypin

Mmm....bnew u.s. retail is $1599.00. My suggestion: since it is pre-owned and considering that there is no safety net (local warranty support/dealer support), take a 25% hit off U.S. retail.

10. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

For those who have a Surface Pro 4, how is the experience so far. Thinking of getting one for my wifey to replace her 2 year old vaio. Portability is primordial consideration and has to be running in windows. Appreciate any feedback.