Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by raypin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. trevayneski

trevayneski Member

Hi guys! Can you recommend a powerbank that would work best with my Surface Pro 4? Thanks!

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

3. trevayneski

trevayneski Member

• thanks raypin! but their products are quite expensive (excellent quality i presume). i guess im not that ready to pay more than 10,000 pesos for a product that i would seldom use. i always bring the charger with me. do you know any cheaper alternative?

4. raypin

mmm.....no. Because Surface machines use proprietary cable head (fin type).

5. magnus

magnus Active Member

MS Surface Book is now available locally at Villman for a cheap price P1699.999

6. raypin

mmm....that would be the Surface Book Core i7 Skylake, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD, which you can get from Microsoft Store (U.S.) for USD 2699.00 or Php 128,000.00. Villman is charging 32% premium over the U.S. retail price. If you factor in local VAT (which is inclusive in their price) and other taxes, it is not that overpriced. I'm lucky. I got my Surface Book here at a little less than U.S. retail price.

Sunil_K likes this.
  7. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Uh, can you please clarify the price?

8. raypin

#128 raypin, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  9. magnus

magnus Active Member

Oh. Its Php169,999.00 available now at villman

10. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

that amount plus applicable taxes and forex charges. of course, a factor also is the person bringing it home back to PH. Not unless you want it badly and a relative/acquaintance is not heading home, that might be a steal.

raypin likes this.
  11. Tecson

Tecson Member

Does your screen bleed on start up or when watching movies on the 2 black bars.?

12. raypin

mmm......no bleeding on all 3 Surface machines.

13. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Well... This was embarrassing...

The NFL signed a $400M, five-year deal with Microsoft that gives teams Microsoft Surface Tablets to use during trainings and of course, televised games. During the first half of the AFC championship game between the Patriots and the Broncos, the Patriots' tablets were reported to have "briefly stopped working". This was actually announced by sideline reporters on live TV.

"They're having some trouble with their Microsoft Surface tablets," CBS sideline reporter Evan Washburn said during the game. "On the last defensive possession, the Patriots' coaches did not have access to those tablets to show pictures to their players. NFL officials have been working at it. Some of those tablets are back in use, but not all of them. A lot of frustration that they didn't have them on that last possession."

To complicate things, a couple of Microsoft ads aired during the game. And to really rub salt on the wound, a Microsoft Surface ad was reported to have aired during the technical glitch.

Microsoft announced later on that after investigating the issue, it was determined that the network was at fault and not the tablets themselves. ;)

Source: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/25/464319146/oops-tablet-outage-in-afc-title-game-coincides-with-microsoft-ad?utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+npr/LfsI+(World+Cafe)&utm_source=feedburner

raypin likes this.
  14. omarsytan

omarsytan Active Member

Hi Guys! I'm planning to buy a surface book, do you guys know the Microsoft has international warranty?

15. raypin

mmm.....good question. As I understand it, the warranty is only for the country where you bought the machine. So, if it is H.K. unit, it can only be serviced in H.K.

omarsytan likes this.
  16. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Update from The Verge

Samsung's TabPro S will be available for $899.99 starting tomorrow | The Verge

17. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Been reading and watching tech reviews & customer feedback for the Tab Pro S. It looks like a good buy. I wonder if it'll be sold by Samsung PH.

18. raypin

mmm.....good price considering that the keyboard is included.

19. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

where to get the samsung galaxy tabpro s locally pls? hehehe

20. raypin

mmm.....I've seen some being sold from Korea through ebay. You can also contact Samsung Philippines and get an official answer.