Sun Cellular Settings for iPhone 3G.

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by marjbog, Aug 17, 2009.

1. mackymd

mackymd Well-Known Member

Just came from sun. They told me to use minternet as APN if your using cellphone sim and fbband if your using the sunbroadband.

2. iRalph

iRalph Member

Ok there's the APN but what about the username and password?

3. rpgorriceta

rpgorriceta Member

just leave it blank.

4. sweet_ketcha

sweet_ketcha New Member

can't find my apn setting/option on my iphone 3g! help please!

5. ruprup

ruprup Member

I am currently using a mifi for the SBW 350 Lite plan. I have noticed that when the Profile Management is set to AUTO, it either uses minternet (Sun2 default profile) or fbband (Sun1 default profile). And if I am on minternet, it does not connect at all to the Internet. So I set it to MANUAL and input fbband and created a new profile.

Now I can post this using my SBW at home (although I have no need since I have myDSL, LOL).

6. ruprup

ruprup Member

find these from SETTINGS:

GENERAL>NETWORK>CELLULAR DATA NETWORK

And you'll see the APN field there

7. Steele

Steele Member

Got an iPhone 3GS in SG. Using my Sun Sim Prepaid. Can't seem to work when i try to browse. But signal 3G/E is present. Error message is "Could Not Activate Data Network". What seems to be the problem?

8. ruprup

ruprup Member

Try changing the APN to minternet or fbband or just leave it blank

9. Steele

Steele Member

It worked! Great. Thanks :)

10. chizbol

chizbol Member

Which one?

11. Gareth

Gareth New Member

Can someone help me please, when i turned on my 3G data and when it changes back to EDGE it wont return to 3G. the only remedy i know is to turn it off and on again and again. it's really annoying.

12. kwago_9

kwago_9 New Member

hello everyone,
    i have an ad on of 649 unlimited mobile internet for my sun postpaid. i have followed the apn settings from sun but everytime i try to connect to the internet. the iphone prompts me to turn on my data roaming to be able to access the internet. please help me. Should i turn on my data roaming? i'm afraid that if i turn it on i would incur additional charges.

thank you in advance

13. enneaj

enneaj New Member

ask ko lang po kung gagamitin ko po yung sim ng sun wireless broadband plan 799 sa iphone may charges ba kung mag pefacebook ako or kung gagamitin yung youtube via iphone?i mean pag nag surf ako sa mga social networks? kasi imbes na laptop ang gagamitin ko, sa iphone ko na lang isasaksak yung sim. kaso baka may extra charges pag ginamit ko yun for fb and youtube.kindly help me pls....

14. jam23

jam23 New Member

@enneaj ganyan din ginawa ko for almost 6 months na same pa rin ang bill ko with SUN but im using it for my iPad..

15. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

It depends on the plan you got from SUN. Usually those broadband plans come with either unlimited internet or limited internet hours only, If you'll use it as a normal sim to send text messages and phone calls (if enabled by SUN), you will be charged normally based on what the plan covers. If it doesn't cover text plans and phone calls, you'll be billed on standard text and call rates. :)

16. ruprup

ruprup Member

The problem with sun is that 3G signal is very weak. Hence, by dfault, your iPhone chooses EDGE, which gives you a stronger signal but the slowest speed ever.

Kaya I rarely use my sun SBW sim with my iPad. I use a MIFI instead and force it to 3G signal only.

17. iMigs

iMigs Member

^ I agree to this. Sun's 3G is quite weak, and to date, I don't know why I'm still with them.

Slight OT: Actually I was applying for a postpaid (unlimited internet and sun to sun calls) plan SIM ONLY for my iPhone 4 and they told me SUN does not support microsims. I'm just bit confused since my iPhone can get unlimited internet/ promos using SBW cards, load conversions and such. Do you think it would be best not to tell them that I'm not using an iPhone? :p then I'll go ahead to GH to have it cut into micro.

18. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

^They probably meant that Sun does not offer MicroSIMs. Since those are just trimmed-down regular SIMs, there isn't any reason for Sun not to support them (the company wouldn't even know you cut your SIM ;) )

19. pastorjeffg

pastorjeffg Member

When i inquired in Rob Place Ermita yesterday re SUN microsim card, a representative told me that they are only offering it for postpaid subscribers. I told them that I was looking for a prepaid microsim (for my iPad) since i want to try out the SUN signal here in Manila. Based on his response, they offer microsims.

Good thing I read this thread. Will not pursue the SUN microsim prepaid anymore based on your feedback. Will stick to my Globe prepaid microsim (though i also have Smart as a backup).

God bless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. iMigs

iMigs Member

Actually I inquired way back from a SUN Shop re this, and I did see a question mark on the lady's face when I said I want to get the regular sim and convert it into "MicroSIM" myself. I've explained what I meant by microsim and she told me "Ay sir, mabagal po pag ganyan or baka po hindi mag-unli minsan." :eek: Anyways, I'll go and avail of the postpaid and retire my MyFi.

Thanks mate! ;)