Sun Cellular Settings for iPhone 3G.

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by marjbog, Aug 17, 2009.

1. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

bedan.. yes.. just mention that that plan comes with the zte f199 phone.

2. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

thanks loko. because I called their customer service and they dont know what I am talking about. I wished to convert my plan 350 and my easy broadband to this service.

3. loko__loko

bedan.. u cant "upgrade" or "convert" its a totally new plan.. w/ 0923-7 as the pre-fix

4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, that is what hinders me from converting too. I still have 22 months to go. Also, you can try canceling both accounts and apply for it. just request for a 0923 - 7xxxxxx (the x would be the same as your old last 6-digit number).

5. the_duke

the_duke New Member

thanks for your help. ill go to their customer service 1st thing tomorrow.

anyhow, maybe you could help me with the setting for the cellular network of my iphone ussing sun sim..

thanks..:)

6. rdy0329

if you are on prepaid and postpaid sun cellular, use minternet that simple.

7. the_duke

the_duke New Member

i'm on postpaid and did this already. i tried connecting using safari but it wont connect. when i turn on the enable 3g option, i still cannot connect using safari. there's even no 3G, EDGE or GPRS icon on the screen.

what could possibly wrong with my phone?

8. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

@loko

thanks. I didnt know that converting is not possible

@the_duke

thats why you have to go to the sun shop because the internet is not active in your service. (3g, edge, gprs)

9. rdy0329

Yep. As I've said earlier try activating your GPRS and MMS by sending 4 to 230010
    if it won't work within 24 hours, try going to the sun shop or calling customer service.

10. the_duke

the_duke New Member

i've done the process. the gprs is already active for my number, but when they are trying to send me the mms and mobile internet setting, 202 says that the handset does not support the feature. this is where i got stuck. mms and internet setting is unable to be set-up on my phone.

it really seems difficult for me. ill go to the sun shop so they could activate my internet.

your efforts are greatly appreciated. thank you!

11. rdy0329

Hmmm. I only experienced that on a super budget sim of sun. but on postpaid, I also experienced that when I got my plan. on the first few weeks, I cannot connect and the iPhone did not show any signs that I can connect to the internet. I went near the UP campus and there I saw a 3G icon on my iPhone. I don't know if you're location does not trigger the activation but when I moved around the Metro, that's where I got the activated 3G.

In short, I experienced what your are experiencing now (just remembered). but mine resolved itself.

12. the_duke

the_duke New Member

just an update, customer service tried sending me the OTA setting but failed since they cannot set it up on my phone. They suggested to set it up manually but it still never worked.:(

the agent told me that gprs will be activated once i was able to send an mms, but ive heard that mms was disabled for unlocked iphone. therefore, i cannot send an mms to fully activate gprs.

no gprs, no mms, no 3g...:(

13. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

why not try to put your SIM in a different phone first so that you can send MMS which will trigger the activation of your GPRS? if you dont have any, try to borrow from an officemate or a frined or a relative.

14. the_duke

the_duke New Member

just an update: my 3G is now working..:) yehey! i just hope my bill wont spike up because of this.. thanks to all those who patiently helped me out..:)

now i wish tether and mms works..:)

15. loko__loko

the_duke... what did they do?

16. weirdohenrico

weirdohenrico Member

i am having the same problem with g3 service on my iphone on my sun postpaid plan. the_duke - what did sun do or you do to get it to work?

17. pilyocoe08

pilyocoe08 Member

Hi the_duke is your phone unlocked?

18. donalyza

donalyza Member

the_duke, give instructions on how you were able to fix it.

19. weirdohenrico

weirdohenrico Member

still waiting on you the_duke to help us with our iphone 3g :)

20. flarewick

flarewick Member

Guys, can anyone help me out? I can surf just fine with the ZTE F188 that came with the Call and Surf Unlimited plan, but I can't seem to connect to anything when I'm using my iPhone.

I've tried changing my APN to fbband and I've also tried leaving it blank. No go. Can't surf. I even tried asking the Sun tech support for help via hotline but they couldn't help out with iPhone settings. It seems they only have stuff for Nokia and Sony Ericsson.

Really sad and slightly panicked. :(