Sun Cellular Settings for iPhone 3G.

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by marjbog, Aug 17, 2009.

1. bluesoda00

bluesoda00 Member

yes! unless there is a new way of using the sun sim without unlocking the phone, please let me know asap as my sun line will expire by the 26th lol!

2. paolobali

paolobali Member

sayang naman ung mga apps sa itunes...:(

Is there any other way to use my sun sim without jailbreaking my phone?

3. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

yes, get a factory unlocked iphone. that way you can use your sun sim without jailbreaking your iphone.

4. paolobali

paolobali Member

how about the one from globe? is there a "safe" way? I upgraded to 3.1 btw

5. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

use sim adaptor

6. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

OT: sim adaptor has been patched up by Apple since 3.0?

7. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

I inserted a prepaid sun sim to my iphone. how can I make the tethering option appear? i already reset settings of cellular data.

8. reloaded

reloaded Member

Are you on 3.0? Or already upgraded to 3.1? I heard that you cannot force *.ipcc bundles anymore so you cannot enable tethering without the signed carrier bundle which sun/smart doesn't have. Check the post of the dev-team at their blog:
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/188779017/3-o-fun

9. loko__loko

i have here sim adaptor that is being used since 2.1 , 2.2 and 3.0 i have to try on 3.1

10. reloaded

reloaded Member

Sir are you on 3.1 already? Have you tried tethering with sun or smart? Does it still work? Since its been said that with 3.1 unsigned carrier bundles are not allowed anymore. Thanks!

11. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

guys, i just have a question. though this is not about sun internet service.

when I insert my Sun sim in my iPhone and turn off 3G, the call quality is buzzing, it's like the phone's mic is grounded but if 3g is turned on, everything is clear. Weird is that my officemate is not experiencing the same thing and he is using Sun and his 3G is off aswell and we are in the same location, sitting beside each other.

is it my iPhone or is it sun? I tried to do an isolation test like insert my globe SIM and turn off 3G and call is loud and clear.

Any ideas?

12. loko__loko

how abt inserting your sun sim inside another 3g phone.. nokia/se/wm6/android/lg

or how abt inserting his sun sim to your iphone... or your sim to his iphone

13. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

ohh. that I forgot to do. Will try and see what will happen. Thanks bro.

14. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

@loko_loko

update:

tried my Sun SIM in my officemate's iPhone and turned off 3G and no buzzing sound. inserted my Sun SIM back in my iPhone and 3G is off but still, line is grounded. I tried again my Globe with 3G off and line is clear. Now, I am really confused which one is faulty, if it's my SIM or my iPhone. :(

I want to use my iPhone for my Sun but I need to turn off 3G because of battery being drained so fast.

15. loko__loko

bedanmick.... try to upgrade your iphone and observe

16. execute

execute Member

The problem lies with the iPhone + Sun SIM combination. Where did you get your iPhone? Maybe has something to do with the frequency Sun runs in? Just thinking out loud for you. :)

17. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

Thanks for the input guys,

@loko_loko

Just finished an update. Made my iPhone as a new phone and did not restore from backup so I have to sync contacts again and contents but still no luck.

@execute

My iPhone came from Australia. Factory unlocked and not JB. You think it has something to do with my SIM? I can ask for SIM replacement since I am on a postpaid plan but I don't think it will do any changes. Really a confusing scenario here.

18. loko__loko

hmmm have you tried another sun sim on your iphone?

19. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

@loko_loko

tried my office mate's sun SIM in my iPhone and same buzzing sound. So that concludes that it is the phone producing the noise if I am not on 3g mode. tried again with my globe and used the 20mins call offer to really test and the buzzing also appeared intermittently unlike with SUN which is all throughout.

So what I did is that I went straight away to Greenhills and sold my iPhone then bought a factory unlocked 32gig white 3Gs. Made sure that I tested everything especially phone calls with 3G off and on. An unexpected upgrade for me.

Weird is that I dont know what happened. All of a sudden, the problem just existed. Definitely its not the mic since i have clear calls on 3G. maybe the baseband not functioning correctly on 2g?

20. the_duke

the_duke New Member

Good day!

I know this sounds stupid but i am technology illiterate. I just want to try MMS and 3G on my iphone 3G using my SUN sim. But its seems i won't work even though I entered the following details:
    Cellular Data
    APN: minternet
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

MMS
    APN: mms
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMSC: http://mmscenter.suncellular.com.ph
    MMS Proxy: 202.138.159.78:8080
    MMS Max Msg Size: (blank)
    MMS UA Prof Url (blank)

If there's something wrong with my input, please do correct me. I really want to maximize my iphone using 3g and MMS. If it helps, my iphone is factory unlocked from HK.

Also, maybe im just in a wrong place that doesn't have SUN 3G connection. Im live in fairview and work in ortigas. I doubt these places doesn't have 3g network.

Please please please, help me.

thanks in advance