Stolen iMac 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macoy, Jan 10, 2012.

1. macoy

macoy New Member

Please be on the lookout for an iMac 27" LED back-lit screen. serial no. 826-8587-A. The upper left portion of the screen has smudging inside. Stolen from our house near Kalayaan Ave., Diliman QC just last night, along with our 1-TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex external HD (brushed metal) and a black CDR-King wireless IP camera.

Also please be alert of someone selling these items to you who may look like the one in the photo below (snapshot taken by the stolen ip camera). Please alert me through this thread if you have any info. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Hope you get your stuff back.

By any chance, do you have a better photo?

3. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

My first reaction was really, whhhooaaahhh... Stolen iMac. Hope you get it back. Although I can't see much from the image.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

4. macoy

macoy New Member

oops, the image got automatically reduced by this site. here's the link of the full photo: http://tinyurl.com/6mkr62h.

thanks guys.

Update: My wife also realized that the also got her Canon Ixus IS camera. :(

5. rockophoria

rockophoria Active Member

daymn.. as something as big as an iMac stolen.. I'll take note of this one

6. Briggy

Briggy Member

Maybe you can enhance the photo more, print it and post it in the neighborhood. It could be possible that the culprit lives near your place.

7. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

to think a huge sized imac, be stolen straight from the owners home.

hope you get your imac soon. if you can increase the size or even the resolution of the picture, that would be more helpful so that the culprit can be seen more clearly :)

8. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Report it to the police. There's a big chance they can catch the thief because of your photo.
    Do you live in an apartment? The thief might be someone with access to a master key.

9. macoy

macoy New Member

unfortunately I set the photo quality to low res because I configured the IP cam to upload an external web server every 30 minutes and take rapid snapshots when motion is detected. a friend who's a layout artist has already enhance the photo, but it's only as good as it gets. really planning print it and post them around the neighborhood. thanks guys.

we've already reported it to the barangay officials. they have also inspected the house. the police followed, then SOCO. they were done by 3pm

#9 macoy, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  10. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Can you post a bigger, higher resolution photo? Its pretty hard to see because its so tiny.

11. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

These thieves really get on my nerve because our house was also looted before. They got a laptop, DSLR, lens, jewelries, and some cash. And it all happened in a subdivision and while we were away for less than four hours in broad daylight. The house was left unguarded for that one time and we got robbed so it gives you the indication that they really do extensive surveillance.

You are lucky you got a discernable picture. This is because I absolutely have no faith in the ability of our police (sorry if there are police officers or relatives of policemen here) and giving them this picture would be an absolute breakthrough for them. All the SOCO got from our house were finger prints (which never led to anyone of course) and get this; they charged us for the chemicals that they used to extract the prints. On top of it all, I think we lost more stuff after the police left our house. It's such a pity. I really need one of those wireless IP cameras.

I feel for your loss because I've been there. Hang in there mate because more than the things that you lost, it's the trauma of having something like this happen to your house that really gets you.

12. v8designstudio

That is a motorcycle jacket.
    See that thing in his wrist? Thats something he can put around your neck if you were home.
    Don't see the left hand? that's because it is feeling itself onto a latched knife on his left butt pocket.
    About 27-30 years old.
    Max time inside home : 8 minutes.

Good that no one is hurt.

Material things, like the sun, come and go and come back again. Lives never come back when it is gone.
    Stay safe. Eyes and ears open.

13. comixster

comixster Member

Scary...good thing no one in your family was harmed.

14. andrew_o_o

andrew_o_o Member

sometimes i wonder whether our country even have some sort of a fingerprint database to put those prints to use.

15. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

nowhere is safe nowadays. even in our own homes we dont feel safe. and they dont just operate at night, even in broad daylight! thieves are getting more daring as time goes by. grabe.

16. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

Scary stuff. Hope everything is well. I suggest change your lock keys and everything.

17. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

where were you when this happened?

that door seems to be pretty solid... and doors like this have a decent knob or 2...

and I cannot see any sign of forced entry... his body language indicates slow motion (sneaky). Could it be that you left the door open?

the "smudge" that you mentioned on your iMac's screen tells me that this computer has been with you for quite a while... I'm wondering why this was your first post in PhilMUG (when you created this thread, that was your post #1 - you only have 3 posts so far)...

I'm very sorry for being quite skeptic but there are times that stuff like these could be a "frame up" too.

No offense, I just want to be sure first.

18. John H

John H Member

Yeah, it would be really helpful if your camera was able to take a bigger photo.

19. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

ei cybersniper, i just realized that macoy's a friend, seeing this and then his post on fb. somebody probably advised him that philmug's a good option to spread the word and maybe even get good advice as to the recovery of the item...

@macoy, maybe this is God telling you it's time for an upgrade, eh? :p glad you and the missus are safe

20. aajgb

aajgb Member

I am sorry about your loss, this pic reminds me to always set the picture quality on my dvr on 'high'. And it is better to have 2 or more cameras in critical areas.