Staycation Options

Discussion in 'Travel' started by scoflip, Nov 3, 2013.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

There are a host of inexpensive 3-star hotels in Ortigas Center, laden with amenities like pool, buffet breakfast, cozy suites and quiet reflection for the Holy Week...

Or like me, set the TV to Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, buy popcorn, Cheetos, and Lays, spread the recliner with your favorite blanket, and stay home...

raypin, Sunil_K and Juice like this.
  2. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

any suggestion for a getaway in Tagaytay? or anyone has any for rent for the holyweek?

3. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Anya resort in tagaytay.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...COD:

E8D482BA-806A-44FB-8F33-0002F00B6488.jpeg
    EC09FCB3-2673-49B1-9D3C-E8BE5E4DA719.png

Isn’t Tagaytay always traffic-choked during holidays?

5. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

we'
    we' re booked in shang fort this holy week. 12k per night inclusive of adventure zone tix for 2.

raypin likes this.
  6. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

The Adventure Zone tickets package, where'd you get that promo? Hope you don't mind me asking :)

Edit: Found it na on Instagram :)

#46 docjbr, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

The breakfast is bad at Nobu. No protein, and you have to order them(but free). Still, I like the idea that I can choose with my eyes and not on a menu. We also tried the special dinner for 18k per person. It’s like a 15 course dinner. Wasn’t satisfied and felt like it was a rip off. Beef was tough, server was in a hurry, they couldn’t explain what they were serving sometimes.

raypin likes this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...alang bacon? Alang breakfast sausage? Eh ano serve nila? Pandesal and Nescafe lang?

:ROFLMAO:

If your kids love swimming, my vote is still Solaire. Not a lot of hotel properties in Manila with large swimming pool (the other is Sofitel). .

CD8D7122-AE5A-4930-BDF1-382CBB795D40.jpeg

CC55CBF0-7934-4F54-927A-DCAA8B8B4D4F.jpeg

Dimsum lover? Red Lantern lunch dimsum order-all-you want buffet.

#48 raypin, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    hitme64 and Juice like this.
  9. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Salad, fruits and pastries lang. Stayed for 2 nights and only found out the protein can be ordered when we left. It turns out it wasn't just us who didn't know. When our friends stayed there, they posted on social media the problem, and I had to tell them you have to order sausages and eggs etc. I have a feeling the service staff are student OJT. Anyone else been there lately? Maybe they changed for the better now.

raypin likes this.
  10. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

raypin and docjbr like this.
  11. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Bumping this thread, in case anyone has come along a nice deal for staycations. A couple of 3 day weekends coming up :)

12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Like @raypin the best hotel in town remains to be Solaire...five times out of five I've chosen it for its splendid suites, exquisite dining and food options, luxe stores and shoppes, and the complimentary hot jacuzzi before dipping in that vast pool...

Finestra is A-1 for fine dining on choice Angus beef and Wagyu selections, fresh seafood, Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, and sumptuous hors d'oeuvres. Fresh for 24/7 buffet options and Lucky Noodles for ramen lovers. Red Lantern and Yakumi for that Asian gastronomic taste.

Reminds me to book now...

raypin and docjbr like this.
  13. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Makati Shangri-La Is Temporarily Closing Its Doors | Esquire

14. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

Chismis is Ayala wants the corner lot back, hence it’s not giving Shang a break in its annual rent.

The ‘Wonderful Weekend’ package at Shang Makati was particularly memorable for the kids before the pandemic.

15. ice

I saw this article earlier...

Shangri-La Group couldn’t afford Makati hotel’s annual rent of P300M; Ayalas keen on retaking property | Bilyonaryo

IMO, was really not happy with my last stay there, I felt it was dated compared to the other Shang's in neighboring countries. I would accept it if it was in a holiday location, but was expecting so much more as it was located in our CBD

My wife also had horror stories coordinating accommodation for VIP guests in 2019 for an event she organized.

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  16. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Yep saw that article in bilyonaryo as well a couple of days ago. Makati Shang is indeed getting long in the tooth and needs to be updated. The oldest dated Shangri-la I stayed in was in Orchard in SG. Circa 1980's - 1990's yung mga design ng room, furnitures, etc. I stayed there in 2018, but they were doing renovation works to the place.

I prefer to do a staycation in Grand Hyatt BGC these days. Stayed there on two occasions last December for a 3nights and 5nights stay. Shangri-la fort for me has an edge only because of Kerry Sports.

17. ice

hmm, just wondering... With the present "community quarantine"

Where can we go for a staycation? (without additional tests and documents)

I've seen vloggers to to Tagaytay and Subic. Any other locations?

18. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

I think those who go for staycations and all that must be willing to undergo the test and do the paperwork. I guess doing the test before then after is part of it.

How much are tests anyway? I feel it’s additional expense and stress on what’s otherwise supposed to be a vacation.

19. tinmuning

tinmuning Active Member

We opted to rent a private resort in Antipolo as we plan to take the kids to the nearby Pinto Art Museum. No need for swab tests or documents aside from filling up the Health Declaration Form before check in. There's a lot of options but ours were limited as we need a place which would allow our dogs to stay with us.

20. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

@tinmuning - can you kindly share the name of the resort (and how much, via PM). I have to consider our dog when taking a vacation. One option for us is to book and leave the dog in a dog hotel, but I will prefer to take the dog with us.