Special Event: September 14, 2001

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by raypin, Sep 8, 2021.

1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Same exact thoughts. I felt that the iPad Mini has the biggest refresh of them all as it feels like a new-ish device rather than upgrades of what we already have.

Onwards to the next event, the Macs. Not inclined getting any of the newly announced devices, and that’s a good feeling/relief. :D

leninmac likes this.
  2. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

I need to hide the fact that the new iPad mini exists... and in purple! The wife will definitely (and indefinitely) nag me for this. :ROFLMAO:

raypin likes this.
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm…local prices:
    BD38B70F-8800-4255-85FE-2B77E1D1D434.png

2A8A7AF0-274C-409F-BA01-AEC3976DF300.png

leninmac likes this.
  4. snipes

snipes Active Member

Just product refreshes.

Glad I slept by 8pm and woke up by 4am.

Expect the iPhone 13 to be out with Globe & Smart by December before Christmas.

Cut out the fluff by watching these 10 min & 15 min highlights

#24 snipes, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    raypin likes this.
  5. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

I am glad that they did not change the form of the Apple Watch.

6. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

The iPad mini!!!!! I bet the Pro features to come in the next few years. Excited!

Eh, starting storage is 64GB. ._.

raypin likes this.
  7. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

It's been awhile since there's underwhelming hype behind an iPhone. Years ago, I would wake up to questions from friends and family with things like "have you seen the newly announced iPhone?" "what do you think about the new iPhone?" "is ___ a thing to upgrade for?", but this year, I have received none.

I guess the tech is already too good for people's needs that 95% of the complaints are just about batteries and 5% is just about Apple not releasing it in their favorite color. :ROFLMAO:

leninmac likes this.
  8. raypin

Mmm…iPhone 13 is like the classic S. It feels like an S year so while I wanted for Tim to spring a new surprise, it did not happen. Which is still okay for me since I managed my expectations specially coming from the huge upgrade from last year’s iPhone 12 with 5G, new design etc. it was expected. I do love the bigger batteries specially the 2.5 more hours over the 12 Pro Max for the iPhone 13 Pro Max specially since we are using our iPhones a whole lot more (more screen time) in the age of covid restrictions. As expected, a much more powerful and efficient chip which should translate to better app performance. Then there is the new display with Pro Motion, finally making the iPhone at par with high refresh display of some Androids.

Surprise of the night is the all-new iPad Mini. I ve been waiting for it for a long, long time. I m genuinely excited to get my hands on the 5G model.

5G was widely criticized last year. The coverage issue was the main complaint and yet even in third world Philippines, 5G is taking off surprisingly well. In most major urban areas, decent coverage is now a reality. Who would have thought then that in a year’s time, 5G unlimited data will be available to home broadband users at surprisingly affordable rates, challenging the advantages of fixed Fiber? Dito will soon launch its own 5G service for home use. Hurrah for competition.

Apple TV+ is busy building up its franchise. I look forward to Foundation and other content. While it is nowhere near Netflix in terms of quantity, ATV+ continues its focus on churning quality content.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment is the Watch Series 7. No new health function. Not worth the upgrade for those using Series 6. Keeping my 6 and looking forward to Series 8.

#29 raypin, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    leninmac likes this.
  9. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

With the exception of the iPad Mini, today's launch was extremely underwhelming. I upgrade my iPhone Pros on an annual basis, but I may have to skip this year's iPhone iteration. I don't think the 120Hz will persuade me to upgrade this year.

The Apple Watch is probably the most disappointing.

Hope next year's iteration of products will be a whole lot better than this year's.

jayparalejas likes this.
  10. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

I agree, the only thing exciting was the iPad Mini redesign. looking forward to testing the size, and if I can let go of my ipad pro 11.

11. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    Perhaps the new iPhone 13 and the Watch series were aimed at people who don't have the most recent version.

Upgrading to these new devices will still be a good move for most of them, right?

raypin likes this.
  12. raypin

Mm..correct! These are for people with the older iPhones (6,7,8,X) or those who need to replace a defective or damaged iPhones.

iPhone owners run on different upgrade cycles.

That is the reason why iPhone sales increased 50% year on year based n the latest data. People are upgrading. Same will happen to this latest iPhone. It will sell like hotcakes. Guaranteed.

Mykolant likes this.
  13. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member