SONY PSP multiplayer gaming via internet for free Xlink KAI

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by rudeboy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

here is a link to a program that allows PSP owners to play multiplayer games via internet

http://teamxlink.co.uk/

what the program basically does is to "trick" the psp into connecting with your wi-fi as another PSP when actually the airport is just acting as a bridge to the PSP gamers online. so far i've tried wipeout pure, ridge racer, and untold legends (some lag). have yet to try tiger woods. anyway the easiest set up for airport express card users is to detect and connect your airport cards and "pair" with your PSP then use ethernet cable to connect to the internet.

here is another usefull link for mac set up

http://www.scottydelicious.com/kaidosxtutorial.php

anyway this program also works for xbox, ps2, game cube, aside from PSP.

2. berniej

berniej Active Member

Should this *really* be in the non-Apple Marketplace?

3. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

you're right bernie even though the PSP is the main gadget the airport express on the apple computers are the ones that have programs installed on them. hmmm anyway i should have named the post "airport express as psp console server for multiplayer online"

4. ditoy_eagle

ditoy_eagle Well-Known Member

This thread is targeted for the gamers of Philmug, thus I am moving it to the Mac Arcade forums.

5. ruger

ruger Member

anybody can help me get xlink kai running? i have a psp with homebrew, wrt54g linksys router v. 5, powerbook/macbook.. can't seem to get my psp detected by amaryllis or java ui..

thanks in advance