Snow Leopard Problems, Anyone?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jay, Sep 1, 2009.

1. jay

jay Member

Hi All,

Just updated to Snow Leopard and it seems that almost everybody had a smooth experience-Cheers!

I, on the other hand, am dealing with issues on my MacBook2,1 as I cant permanently put it to sleep or shutdown. The screen goes black for a good 5 seconds and then turns on again. Tried all the avenues-Philmug search, Apple Support and had it checked by a tech at the Apple store last Sunday. It was returned today with the report that it passed hardware checks and that I should do an Archive Install as an option. Only, I don't have my Leopard CD with me. So now I wait for my CD's in the mail and hope the problem goes away after this.

Anyone else having problems with 10.6? I hate to say this, but I'd love company.

2. thurbs

thurbs Member

i miss WideMail more then anything .... hopefully he speeds it up, worth donating 100 USD for imo. apple should do this themselves though.

3. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Jay, when you do a clean installation next time, I suggest that you test it without restoring your personal data. See f everything works.

4. redticket

redticket Member

My Mail App crashes when I send an email with attachment. Happened twice yesterday and once today.

5. hotSHOT

hotSHOT Member

hi jay, just a question...why do you need your Leopard CD? you can do a clean install from the Snow Leopard DVD right?

6. baboyako

baboyako Member

ms office 2008 slow

7. jay

jay Member

Thanks Mad Mac. Will keep that in mind.

8. mig

mig Active Member

Anyone else having random crashes more often with YM? Just had 3 in the past hour. I normally get 3 in a week!

9. sairoangel

sairoangel Member

my YM is very slow everytime i sign out.

10. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Hmm.. makes me wonder if i should wait for 10.6.1 before installing SL.

11. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Wait for what? You'll never be sure anyway with future updates. Just backup and go for it. If you are that insecure, clone your hard disk using SuperDuper. That way, you have your old "Mac" ready to use just in case.

12. essay

essay Active Member

My Dropbox app stopped working. Folders are not syncing online.

13. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

At first I was kinda pissed that my SL up-to-date installer says 'delivers 09/09/2009' but apparently it's a blessing in disguise after reading through this whole thread. Hopefully most of these problems will be sorted out by 09/09 with you guys being the perfect guinea pigs :p.

14. torero

torero Member

Received my Family Pack today. Everything worked perfectly on my IMAC and my wife's Macbook after the upgrade. However, it's a different story with my Macbook Air --- although it receives my Airport Extreme signal, it does not connect to the internet (while all my other devices can). Ugh. Reinstalling it now to see if there was a glitch in my last install.

15. jay

jay Member

@extremeshot - Where's the fun in that? Actually, I dont blame you. But come to think of it, things could have been worse :)

16. extremeshot

Ok, so I am still a bit pissed that I'm not one of the lucky ones to get SL first <bitter>. And, I am still waiting till who knows when so I consider you guys very lucky. You lucky guinea pigs <with bitterness again> hahaha... I hope you realize I'm just kidding right? :p

I want my taste of SL soon including all it's problems!

Oh btw, I posted this in another thread but can anyone confirm if the tracking problem experienced with wireless mice (WMM / V470) has been fixed with the SL upgrade?

17. edpinedajr

edpinedajr Member

Oh no. now I'm afraid to upgrade to install my free SL care of sir Charlie of DW. Hope these glitches will be fixed soon. Maybe i will just hold on to the CD and wait for more problems..

18. jay

jay Member

No worries, extremeshot - at least somebody thinks I'm lucky. I'd be printing this page as proof. My Fiance needs to see this!

19. ro.gandeza

ro.gandeza Member

Im using V470. No problems here. ;)

20. extremeshot

That sounds good. No problems as in 'working perfectly' or as in 'less jumpy compared to Leopard'? I've also been using V470 on Leopard for several months now but was never completely satisfied with it's tracking (a bit jumpy) compared to wired mice.