SMS software

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by pael, Apr 27, 2008.

1. pael

pael Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm currently using a simple widget (forgot the name) that allows me to send SMS via dashboard (with address book lookup)... however, I'm looking for an app that will allow me to read the messages on the phone (and update the inbox realtime). Do you know any?

2. filiusdei

filiusdei Member

3. ed2randre

ed2randre Member

4. pael

pael Well-Known Member

thanks for the tip! I will definitely try it.

I had a good experience before in using float's mobile agent in windows (for SE phones only). I was able to archive ALL of my SMS for a year! hehehe. goodthing about it, you can view all your SMS (sent/received) even without your phone :)

5. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

BluephoneElite 2 is the best. It can even use the Mac's speaker and mic for handfree talk through.

6. pael

pael Well-Known Member

just tried it, I wasn't able to hear my call but the person on the other line was able to hear me speaking via the macbook mic. how do you enable handsfree voice call?

7. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Aye, it's not free.

8. filiusdei

filiusdei Member

@p.pipster
    no it isn't. but version 1 WAS. ü you may search other mac forums for the links for Bluephoneelite 1..

@pael
    i don't think there's a 'handsfree' feature, only 'talkthrough' which means you can use your mac instead of your phone to talk ü it's not a very advanced feature.. if you use your built-in mic and speakers the other party's ears will hurt from feedback. ü it works well, though, if you have earphones. ü

9. pael

pael Well-Known Member

@filiusdei

I'm referring to the talkthrough :) I can't seem to make it work. :)

10. 48check

48check Member

Yeah. That happened to me too. I didnt bother testing it any further because that entails call costs haha!

11. viral_variance

hi all,

my bluephone elite work fine the first time. (i'm using a SE p1i btw). now, after some restarts and a few days, i decided to use it again but this time, whenever i try to start the Bluephone Enabler from my P1i, i get the ff. error

APPLICATION CLOSED
    Application: Main
    Reason Code: SDP Server
    Reason Number: 12

i can't using my BPE already as the Blue phone enabler won't start on the phone.

anyone who had similar issues?

12. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

I tried using the trial copy of this one. Version 2.1 already. However, I can't seem to import my phonebook from my Motorola V3X to Apple's Address Book app. So I still have to enter the numbers manually when making a text or call. Anyone who encountered the same problem?

13. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

When BPE dies on me, I just reinstall (after saving the messages). iSync might solve the import issue of contacts. From what I can tell, BPE uses the contacts you put in your phone.

14. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Thanks. It's working na. I need to synchronize via iSync muna pala. I thought synchronization will be done inside BPE. However, phonebook entries from the SIM are not read, only from the phone's phonebook :(

15. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

I use Missing Sync myself, great extender on what iSync can do. BPE only can save messages and call info. You need to import the sim contact to phone then iSync. Then, you can also export to Google Contact for offsite backup.

16. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

where can i buy BPE? do i need to buy this online? thanks muggers.

17. nismo

nismo Member

Guys will this work on a iPod Touch?

18. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

I believe not, nismo.

According to the website, a Bluetooth mobile phone is required. Since the iPod Touch doesn't have Bluetooth and isn't even a phone, I believe BPE won't work with it.

Here's a list of compatible units:

http://mirasoftware.com/BPE2/phones/

19. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

mirasoftware indicated that if ever you want to purchase BPE2, dowload the trial version first. i want to purchase this software, is it possible to encode the registration from another computer?
    Thanks

20. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@ijingo: I think as long as you encode it onto the computer on which it's installed, you're good to go.