SMART iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by david-ruffin, Dec 2, 2011.

1. shinaske08

shinaske08 New Member

Mine is different. The CSR of Smart actually used my own cellular data to activate my phone cause it's already active.

#881 shinaske08, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

Okay thanks. Phone's activated already. Haha. Try ko papalitan when I get back. Hihihi!

3. Chayster

Chayster Member

Maybe. If you will be tempted and pleased soon as the 5th gen comes out. If rumors of the iphone5 release is true slated this September, then your brand new iphone 4s will just be around 3 months old by then.

I am holding on and waiting for the nextgen iphone. With the announcement of IOS 6 and the integration of Facebook, it really is just around the corner. If it will be released around September it will be readily available in the Philippines around Oct-Nov. still have patience and have a lot of time to cap my cc's credits to save up for this.. Hehe..

4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

my friend's iPhone 4S (from Smart) just died this morning. won't boot. won't charge. can't be seen by my MBA when plugged in. I told her that it's still covered by Apple warranty so it shouldnt be a problem getting a replacement.

anyone here have any experience with Smart on claiming from the Apple warranty? how to go about it? sorry don't have time to backread in case it has been discussed before. Thanks!

5. macdreamer27

macdreamer27 Member

Hello Philmugers! Is there anyone here po who are still waiting for their iPhone4s units from Smart? I've been waiting for the unit for more than a week now...

6. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

^ i am about to apply for iPhone 4S from SMART and from the last time i inquired, they said that units usually arrived 3 weeks (the most) from the date of application.

7. shinaske08

shinaske08 New Member

i got mine after 2 weeks.

8. howardli

howardli New Member

Lam nyo ba SMART ALL IN PLAN P1200 is it include all messenger, youtube n download?

9. macdreamer27

macdreamer27 Member

thanks guys! luck was on my side yesterday :) i got the unit in the afternoon.. :) now, i'm just waitng for the my sim to be activated.:redface:

10. niceNslow1

niceNslow1 Member

@macdreamer

plan ba yang iphone 4s mo with smart? how much is the initial cash-out and your monthly contract?

11. macdreamer27

macdreamer27 Member

Yes niceNslow1, i subscribed into an unlimited data plan, 2K monthly. initial cash out ko is 4.5K (2.5K for the unit.16GB and 2K advance one month subscription fee).

12. BlueBird

BlueBird Member

I did experience this the first time I used my smart-locked iphone 4s. However, it was my fault playing with the iMessage on/off toggle. Everytime you had it switched on, it sends a message to Smart notifying you have turned on the service, and is charged for activating it. As far as I know, Siri usage does not incur any charges as all she needs is data connection, regardless if wi-fi or cellular data. If your in prepaid, and cellular data is on - Smart would charge you 10 pesos every 30 minutes.

13. jbsmen

jbsmen Member

You might have your CELLULAR DATA turned on all the time. Every time this is turned on SMART charges you 10 pesos for 30 minutes, just like BlueBird have mentioned. This will eat up your load really quickly so make sure that you have it turned off if you do not plan on surfing the net.

Here's a tip: every time you want to surf the net, set up a timer so that you will not go overboard. If you plan using the net for, say 30 minutes, then set the timer to 26 minutes to give you ample time to turn off the service. :)

Hope this helps.

14. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

Quick question, do your iPhone 4S' get hot/warm while used for games/internet, because mine does. Even just for a short while. 3G and Cellular data are always on.

15. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    @joemoso: Mine does, especially when it's tethered (Personal Hotspot) to my MacBook Air via USB. I often use it to go online on my MBA, for that full Internet experience, in areas where I can't get WiFi.

It also gets warm whenever I play games, or using Instagram, watching videos, etc.

My 3G and cellular data are almost always on, except when I consciously need to conserve power and whenever I'm driving. I only switch to WiFi when I'm connecting to my home network. Otherwise, there aren't many reliable WiFi hotspots* out there that are free. Sometimes I detect a WiFi network, but often times, it doesn't go anywhere. So, going 3G is more convenient for me.

16. joemoso

joemoso Active Member

Thanks Mykolant. It really gets hot when I play FIFA 2012. Surprisingly on wifi. It's slightly warm but is hot when on 3G? So this is normal?

17. ygee

ygee Member

Posted the same in the Globe iPhone 4S Thread:
    http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f126/globe-iphone-4s-79020/index260.html#2594
    But I think this is the better thread to ask this.

I have a Globe iPhone 4S and just wondering if Smart is any better?
    I'm experiencing Spam SMS in Globe, and super limited 3G coverage area.

Anybody experiencing the same with the Smart Plan?

18. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

I'm on Globe iPhone 4S so i can't speak for Smart. But if i'll base it to my iPad 3G on smart, i'd say that smart is much stable when it comes to 3g signal. I keep on getting E signal in globe and sometimes it will be on O --totally devastating.

19. david-ruffin

david-ruffin Member

I always find Smart's 3G connection stable. I used to have a Globe postpaid line too, but decided to stay on Smart so I'm not using it anymore. I do receive a lot of spam messages on my Globe line, very rare on my Smart.

20. ygee

ygee Member

Thanks for the responses guys :)

I can conclude it like this then:

Globe: limited 3G coverage
    Smart: wider 3G coverage

Globe: several spam message
    Smart: very few spam message

Hope Globe can catch-up with Smart in 4G ... or else :p