SMART iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max

Discussion in 'Smart Communications' started by extremeshot, Dec 18, 2020.

1. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

No freebies lol. Only new plan applications online get freebies. If I’m not mistaken, it’s a belkin wireless charger

2. armerc

armerc New Member

same here, did not preorder but went to smart-batangas yesterday. recontract one of my line and got the phone in about two hours(in between grocery shopping) just sad that they did not allow me to recontract my other line even though im willing to pay off the phone.

3. onyx

onyx New Member

Smart has always been efficient. I renewed twice with them, parehas walk-in

4. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

This is my first time to pre order iphone thru smart, mas mabilis kaysa sa Globe.

5. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

this has been my most hassle free renewal I had ever with any telco.

- I was contacted by someone from smart as my contract with them is up, told them I will renew once the new iPhone is released.
    - the person who contacted me asked where do I want to do my renewal, I told her I might do it in Greenhills or megamall, she said she is from megamall so I told her to secure my unit and I'll get my renewal
    - I never had to fall in line, she told me to just tell the guards I'm looking for her and true enough, no line, went straight to her booth for the reservation
    - launch date was the same, contacted her when I was on my way to the store and true enough when I got there, the unit is ready and 2 signatures and a payment, I'm good to go, whole process took 15 minutes max.

my plan is not the highest one (2000/mo) but I felt like I am being treated as a premium customer :)

raypin, prof_er and l7224 like this.
  6. shale_slate

shale_slate Member

To those who pre-ordered online, did you receive your phones already? Mine is for serial number tagging for 3 days already, they say! Smart’s online store service is the worst.

7. Wilfred John Vergara

Same here, for serial tagging since Friday. I pre-ordered via the Sales Hotline.

8. Wilfred John Vergara

I just received my iPhone 12 Pro Max this afternoon from SMART shipped via W Express to Bataan.
    324ACD78-A3E8-4FD7-9101-E66EE5F4DEB5.jpeg
    image.jpg

9. shale_slate

shale_slate Member

Good for you. Mine has no sign of getting delivered before Xmas. I got tired of following up already.

10. shale_slate

shale_slate Member

I just received a text today from W Express that my iPhone 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue 128GB will be delivered today. But no one will received it since I’m away for the holidays. I’ll just request to have it redelivered in January.

11. ment

ment Active Member

All went smoothly for me under contract renewal.
    Unfortunately no PRO models available, due to the shipping issues we are all experiencing worldwide

And so I just got the regular iPhone 12 instead. Ayoko umalis ng smart store ng walang bitbit haha

prof_er likes this.
  12. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

their branch has a quota for plan renewals. even if you just dropped for payment they'll look into your account and will ask you if you're interested in renewing your existing plan.

13. mikeliwanag

mikeliwanag Member

Hi. Are the iP12's e-sim smart Networked locked too?

14. sinoPH

sinoPH New Member

Is charge to bill (for the handset price) an option for new customers?

15. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

I think they have option for charge to bill.. but you need to cash out a certain amount.

16. MAVO_Xeron

MAVO_Xeron New Member

Hello!

I am sorry for my first post but I just want to share my experience with Smart telecom. I'm very disappointed.

I made an order online and had an issue so I called their tele-sales hotline.
    I ordered Iphone 12 prp | Graphite | 128GB

Here's a timeline of my issue:

December 11 - Pre-order announcement was posted on their twitter and Facebook account so I went Online to make an order. Unfortunately the site is not working properly as it appears that the site is overloaded with visitors. so I called as soon as the Tele sales hotline was open. Made an order and talked to their agent for almost 1 hour and a half! I was advised that I can follow up the application review on Monday, December 14.

December 14 - I follow up on the review to see if the review is going well and if there is anything I need to fix/resubmit for the requirements. I was told that the order was cancelled due to the error the order encountered, the agent was trying to call me to redo the order but the review team cancelled it DURING the weekend. I filled a complaint that the review team didn't give me the opportunity to fix it by waiting for my call back. It would be understandable if I failed to followup on the next business days. I requested to at least compensate with my order and it is not my fault to have that error in the first place.

December 15 - I called back to see if it was fixed but no. They still retagged the order instead of reinstating the order I placed on December 11. I filled another complain on this.

December 16 - I called for a follow-up for the review and was told that the application for renewal was still under review.

December 17 - I called for a follow-up for the review and was told that the application for renewal was still under review. I asked for a manager and recapped my issue since December 11. He apologised and stated that he will file an escalation report on the incident.

December 18 - I was called by the manager I filled a complaint and all they can do is apologies for the inconvenience. I told them that it was frustrating that smart made me feel that the order I made on December 11 had an error and I told them that this is my first and last order with Smart telecom. I asked if there is anything they can do as I am expecting the device before Christmas as this is supposed to be a Christmas gift for my self. LOL. but no they can't do anything for me to fix the problem. I ended my call saying that it was my fault to make the order with Smart telecom instead of powermac or any other stores.

December 29 - The same manager gave me an update and was told that the review was approved. altho the delivery will be on January. No certainty as to the exact date.

January 4 and 6 - One of the manager's team called me and gave me an update that the order is still tagged as "AWAITING DEVICE"

January 8 - I called and ask for the status. I was advised that the order was still "AWAITING DEVICE". I sarcastically stated that "If the device will be available by September please let me know so that I am not wasting my time and that my expectation was set correctly" The agent responded "No, It wont take that long. rest assured that before the end of January you'll receive your device.

January 9 - I called to follow-up on the status of the order and was adviced that the device will be available by February. I was surprised and asked them why and the agent I said she don't know. I requested for a manager, she asked for the reason why, and upon telling her the reason, she was mute and was not responding. Waited on the line for 15 minutes. then I decided to drop the call and called again. the agent I spoke with stated that she is Working from home and she can't directly endorse the call but she'll fill out a escalation form. I ended the call and said that I will be calling back to which I did. but the next agent is also unable to endorse to the manager. So I busted it out on the internet. Responded on all the comments on FB and twitter and told people never to proceed on ordering the device with smart. I was asked to send a DM and stated my complain over the messenger. I was then told that to expect a call.

January 10 - The manager to whom I filled my complaints called back I immediately asked him why will the device be available by February?! He said that there is a problem with the supplier. I told him that I am furious of what Smart has done for me. I should have made an option if my expectation was set properly on December. None of this was my fault. I have been paying my bills diligently and this is what I get? I should have kept my sim only plan with them and purchased a device with other stores than Smart. I told him that my mom's Iphone is too old and we are just waiting for my device so I can hand over my IphoneX to her that she can use properly. Instead of buying her a new device. and that Lady I spoke previously who placed me on a long mute. Idk if she is transferring me or she just placed me on mute but she should have handled my call properly.

January 12 - One of the manager's team members called and gave me an update regarding the status that is still "AWAITING DEVICE" I was advised that if I really need to have the device they have on stock devices which were Iphone 12 pro pacific blue and silver with 512 GB and I phone 12 pro max. I thought to my self that they are forcing me to buy a device I will not like. so I told her that I really prefer the iphone 12 pro graphite 218 GB.

After all that I have experienced this is what I get from Smart telecom. I am disappointed. I never had issues with smart. My signal was dependable even during the lockdown. Then this, I decided to upgrade my plan and this is what I get. Idk if someone here experienced what I experienced, but I just wasn't to share how upset I am. Also I stated to be on the fence regarding the pro max and the pro. Id if the pro max is too big for me or not.

I would greatly appreciate any advise.

#36 MAVO_Xeron, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  17. guwapito

I never had luck with telesales, i go to the wireless center directly. even i fhe opportunity presents itself, i avoid it.....like a plague lol

MAVO_Xeron likes this.
  18. MAVO_Xeron

MAVO_Xeron New Member

Ikr! Before I make my order I was told here at SM Marilao smart store that it would be vest to order online or over the phone since they say that they ate the direct source for the ware bit the manager to which I filed numerous complaints stated that the flagship stores are better than ordering it online, over the phone or satellite stores. Do you think it would be beat that I file an order at the flagship store even if I have an active order at the telesales? Idk if I should wait or go to the store or check other option.

19. guwapito

if you are recontracting and the wireless center has the unit that you want available, i suggest that you take that one and just have the one ordered online cancelled. it happened to me before and thats what i did

MAVO_Xeron and prof_er like this.
  20. MAVO_Xeron

MAVO_Xeron New Member

Thanks! I will do that. The store here in marilao does not have any available iphone 12 pro and also have the pro max so I’ll try to go to their flagship store in SM North.

They are also advising me to take the iphone 12 pro max. Now I feel I am forced to buy a device I don’t want. Altho upon seeing the actual device in powermac yesterday, it does feel massive but unlike the pro and compare to other devices like the Iphone 7 plus I had before, the pro max was comfortable even if it was massive! Now idk which to get.