Smart Communications General Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by neilrg, Sep 29, 2018.

1. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Smart has released their new Signature Plans http://smart.com.ph/Postpaid

They seem to have just upgraded the data and call allocations, but they also included data network priority across all price plans.

Signature SIM-Only Plans
    upload_2019-5-13_19-56-37.png

Signature Device Plans
    upload_2019-5-13_19-57-6.png

Data Network Prioritization
    upload_2019-5-13_19-58-11.png

#81 neilrg, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

As a comparison Globe Business has a counterpart to Smart's P999 10GB SIM-only plan but without data network priority.

[​IMG]

For Globe calls to other networks is 7.50/minute. And getting 100 minute calls as an add on separately is a 299/month.

So if you call other networks for more than 40 mins/month then this is a good deal.

Data network priority should be a postpaid-only feature.

Cheap data on a slow network be a prepaid-only feature.

#82 Adarna, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  3. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

I was looking at Smart's Business plans and saw these SIM-only plans. I know the grandfathered unlimited data plans for personal Smart mobile accounts cost at least 2,499/month.

Of course you'll need to be a business owner to avail of the plan.

[​IMG]

Juice likes this.
  4. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

I wonder if the smart business enterprise plans are also priority on data.

5. l7224

l7224 Active Member

I was on Plan 1999 with 12GB data, unli all-net texts, and around 60 minutes all-net calls. I am still within contract until December 2019. Went to Smart hoping to move to the Signature Plan Large (and commit to an additional 6 months) but was told I could only migrate to the Signature Device Plans. So I did. No I have an additional 3GB data, can do unli calls to Smart/Sun/TNT, has a 150 minutes for calls to other network. I’m a happy camper.

6. lion0423

lion0423 Member

I have an iPhone XR with Globe postpaid on the eSIM and Smart prepaid on the physical SIM. I keep getting these 2 text messages from Smart everyday, and it's irritating:

"You're trying to access sites not included in your package OR haven't registered to one yet."

"To check your balance and other exciting offers, dial *121# NOW! It's FREE and easy!"

I don't know if it's an issue with the iPhone XR or an issue with Smart prepaid.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on how to disable this?

Attached Files:

7. pennylane

pennylane Active Member

Hi, was your expired contract an iPhone plan?

I have an iPhone X contract that will expire this year. If I decide not to renew, I can switch to prepaid and keep my number correct? (I think there's a law that was passed last year regarding mobile numbers...)

8. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

This isn't bad for a business plan, especially for those unlimited data plans. My grandfathered 3 sub plan of 999 is still going and i'm surprised it doesn't slow down even when I use 5Gb in day.

9. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

My contract ends this June and I like to wait for end of this year to get a new iPhone. Can I downgrade to the cheapest sim only plan after contract ends? Is that my best option?

10. iSk8er

iSk8er Member

Anyone here under the Smart Bring Your Own Device Plan 1500? Does it Fair Usage Policy which throttles down your data speed once you’ve reached the download limit for a day (if it has anything like that)?

11. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

From a Note 9 as posted on TipidPC.

[​IMG]

S8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iSk8er likes this.
  12. iSk8er

iSk8er Member

Under What plan po yan?

13. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

The Smart LTE speeds are applicable from cell sites and towers with upgraded B40 LTE bands.

Buy this modem https://www.netgear.com/support/product/AC800S_Optus.aspx

Follow the instructions laid out at https://tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=322697 thread also shares where to buy

Instructions below was forwarded to me.

You can lock the frequency of the modem to B40 via telnet. then if 3CC is available in the area. it will automatically give you B40+B40+B40, you can verify this also via telnet.

if i'm not mistaken that result is at peak hour.

[​IMG]

It can go as high as this off peak

[​IMG]

iSk8er and ralmon like this.
  14. galaceuriel

galaceuriel Member

My iPhone is SIM-locked to Smart. Besides going to Smart itself, where else can I go to have my phone unlocked?

#94 galaceuriel, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. iSk8er

iSk8er Member

You can message them on their official twitter account for the unlocking request.

16. galaceuriel

galaceuriel Member

I can't, my contract isn't up yet.

17. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Only Smart can truly unlock your unit so you're gonna have to ride it out til the end of your contract. The "other" methods out there to unlock are just a waste of time and money

If you really can't wait for your contract to end, only option (which is what I'd do if I were in your shoes) is to sell/trade your locked unit and get yourself a factory unlocked one

18. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hi May i suggest GPP. GPP is now improved i have tried this for months and never failed me. medyo tricky lang ang una activation you have to have the updated code.

Bought 1 at shoppee for 120 Pesos and roughly 10 mins of time (first activation) once activated your phone is now "semi Factory unlocked" as long as you don't erase or all settings or reset newtork your good to. i have tested this from iPhone XS MAX (Smart) XS (Globe) 8plus (smart) 8 plus (globe) 6s plus (smart) 5s.

Have recommended to friends that went to US and Canada it worked for them.

19. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Can you use the esim at the same time with the physical sim slot with gpp? I got the iphone xs max from globe. Gpplte works well when esim is turned off. But once you turned on the esim, it will lock the phone to network.

20. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Haven't tried the E-Sim feature yet. hopefully may work around