Smart Communications General Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by neilrg, Sep 29, 2018.

1. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Enjoying my new PLDT Smart Enterprise SIM only Plan 1500 . No lock-in period. They asked for copies of DTI registration and business permit and 2 months advance payment.
    Inclusions: Unlicalls to all networks (except special numbers eg toll free like 1-800, fast food delivery #s),
    unlitext to all networks
    And of course UNLIsurf! (it was a promo until June 30 only). Now its 48GB/month the last time I checked.

#221 pinoyslinger, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    markandapps likes this.
  2. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

You can get around that new limit by doing this.

Plan 300 + 1,500 anti-blill shock for essentially unlimited

Plan 1500 unlimited text/calls/data transitioned to 48GB data unlimited data/calls last July 1.

pinoyslinger likes this.
  3. pinoyslinger

I got it before the promo expired.

4. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Also got one Plan 1500 that was installed in a LTE modem with a landline port. So I have unlimited calls to landline/mobile #

Globe has Plan 1599 15Mbps 150GB with unlimited calls to Globe/TM. Not sure if it's unlimited same area code landline.

5. pinoyslinger

The unlimited call to all landline (except special #s) is nationwide and I was told not to install it in a modem during the application interview hehe

6. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Ganun ba? We better follow then!

pinoyslinger likes this.
  7. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Ask ko lang planning to move my current Signature to Enterprise Plan 1500 din with 48GB / month data, naka enable na din ba VoLTE and VoWIFI sa Enterprise plans? Need ko kasi to especially the VoWIFI kasi wlaang signal sa location ko.

8. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

what lte modem has landline port?

9. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

10. pinoyslinger

Not yet sir, at least yung plan ko. Not sure kung lahat

11. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Have you tried the Huawei HiLink app?

12. janbrane

janbrane Member

VoLTE and VoWiFi is not yet enabled for Enterprise Plans. still waiting for it...

13. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

Afaik, the new Anti Bill Shock implementation is only up to 60GB so it still isn't unli

Pulled this from the Smart TPC thread. This was posted on social media too, apparently.

[​IMG]

14. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

Same here. I tried to have it activated through the regular postpaid hotline as per the advice of the enterprise hotline but they said they aren't authorized to do the plan modification from their end.

15. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

So if you have unlimited data Enterprise Plan 1500 SIM-only will it be now up to 60GB/month?

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Maybe they meant it for the surf plans and not the data plans. They sound the same but, they're different plans. I'm hoping that's the case :p

17. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

To my understanding Enterprise Plan 1500 SIM-only & Enterprise Plan 2000 with smartphone will continue to have unlimited data if they were applied for before July 1.

Starting July 1 no more unlimited data plans. I guess they became too popular. If I were Smart I'd just offer unlimited data plans as Enterprise Plan 3000 SIM-only & Enterprise Plan 4000 with smartphone.

There is demand for it so why not balance it with supply?

Anti-bill shock will limit you to 60GB/data. A bit fair as if you're on Plan 300 2GB and try to get unlimited data through anti-bill shock to effectively get unlimited at a total price of 1,800.

I prefer how the US telcos do their unlimited data plans.

All postpaids have unlimited 2G data. They are allocated limited 3G/4G/5G data.

So if you're on a 100GB 3G/4G/5G data plan you will then default to unlimited 2G once consumed.

Globe has these Home/Business LTE plans designed to be used within 1 permanent location but we quickly discovered it can be moved within 5km of its registered location.

Home Plan 1299/month
    • 10Mbps throughput
    • 150GB data
    • landline #
    • unlimited calls Globe/TM/local landline are code.
    • It should not have SMS
    • LTE modem
    Extract the SIM and put it into your smartphone and you have a wireless landline with 150GB of data for 1299/month.

Very limited use case.

We deployed the Business Plan equivalent to it to two 1 employee offices. Ok din siya. Your employee is focused on work and their usage is capped.

What do you think. Seeming it's just 1 employee should I just instead combine their mobile # with the workplace 150GB internet?

3rd party LTE modems with LAN & landline ports are a bit expensive.

#237 Adarna, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  18. carlosantonio

carlosantonio Member

Yup, you're right with regard to people who have existing unlimited data plans or have applied before July 1, 2020 as those are unaffected by the new plan policies. As I understood it, ABS will be capped at 60GB and not all the new plans have ABS. So for example, you were to get the 2GB Plan 300 plus 60GB anti-bill shock, you effectively have 62GB for 1,800 pesos per month.

For reference, here are the new postpaid plans from Smart Enterprise:
    [​IMG]

I have mixed feelings on how they do their data plans tbh since I'm an advocate of net neutrality but I do understand that cellular data is a shared resource and shouldn't be compared with fixed internet services given that with the current technology even on LTE, bandwidth allocation is still a problem. I understand that they do need to throttle certain types of packets (i.e., video over mobile data is capped to 480p only) since other people might also be using the same tower but I hope that with the advent of 5G, they don't do that na. If it's unlimited, unlimited sana talaga.

19. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

How about those with 999 unlimited data plans years and years ago? Are those also affected?

20. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

To my understanding, no.

You only have to deal with nuisance calls from Smart employees urging you to switch and having to buy a smartphone outright rather than installment.

I think if you lived alone, have little to no latency-sensitive application and live within line of sight near a 5G/LTE tower then the unlimited data SIM Plan 999 or 1,500 would be awesome to have.

Anywhere/everywhere you go you have unlimited calls/text to mobile/landline number and unlimited data.

The question is can it do more than 18Mbps?

I was toying with the idea having offices with 1 employee get that SIM. Have them use their smartphone as a hotspot for the office computer.

Overall it may come out cheaper as you only pay 1,500/month.

Nice thing about it is it's unlimited everything. No excuse not to call/text/data back.

Sadly, no more Plan 1500.

Why not have unlimited data during off peak times like from 11pm-7am?

#240 Adarna, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Juice likes this.