slideshow software

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jawo, Nov 21, 2006.

1. jawo

jawo Member

hello... i've been asked to create a slideshow for my mom's 75th birthday... my question is, what is the best software to use to create picture slideshows with music? i'm trying to find one that would be the easiest to use (example, time the length of the music with the duration of the picture slideshow) and yet able to produce excellent presentations...

so far i've read that FotoMagico comes highly recommended, but i think there's an issue with synchronizing the length of the music with the duration of the slideshow... i don't think you can do this automatically with FotoMagico...

i hope that the creative members of this forum would be able to help me with this as i need to finish this project by friday, my mother's birhday...
    many thanks...

2. triguy

triguy Member

try imovie :) it's got everything you're looking for.
    check this out

3. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

4. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

Why not just do it in iPhoto?

5. jawo

jawo Member

i don't think iphoto automatically adjusts the length of the slideshow with the duration of the background music... i'm hoping to find an application that would be capable of doing that... any users of FotoMagico out there?

6. dominiquejames

How long is your presentation? What music do you have in mind? How many pictures?

7. jawo

jawo Member

roughly the presentation would be around 6 minutes... about a hundred or so pictures

8. dominiquejames

What music are you planning to play? How long is the music?

9. jawo

jawo Member

most probably the music will be about 6 minutes long (mga 2 songs)...

10. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

why not keynote? if you dont have iworks then iphoto is excellent too :D

11. XyNo

XyNo Member

I think iPhoto can adjust the duration of the photos shown to fit the entire music playback. I have done this before. Just make sure you tick on the radio button that says "Fit Slideshow to Music" (please see screenshot below)

[​IMG]

12. essay

essay Active Member

I agree with XyNo.

I have also done this before. iPhoto automatically adjusts the length of photo slideshow into the length of the music. I was even able to export this into iDVD.

13. jawo

jawo Member

i think iphoto repeats the slideshow from the first picture if the duration of the music is longer than that of the pictures... correct me if i'm wrong...

what i'm trying to find is an application that will make the pictures (without repeating any of the pics) and the music start and end at the same time automatically... no need to manually adjust the length of time when individual pics appear on-screen to fit the music...

14. dominiquejames

Jawo, uncheck the repeat slideshow.

15. jawo

jawo Member

tried using iphoto... how do you configure the slideshow settings to play multiple songs during the slideshow?

16. ratburn

ratburn Member

create a playlist in itunes with the songs you're planning to use, make a playlist with just two or three songs then when you're asked to select the song, just select the playlist you made with 2 or three songs, select 'fit slideshow to music' and you're slideshow is perfect! i did that before and it worked!

17. dragonice

dragonice Member

look for a song that would run for more than 6 minutes and u could use iphoto* pero if u want a different song in the start and middle until the end, u could use i movie* or you could just burn a cd and play it on any component then do a slide show w/ out any background music. imovie is cool because u got alot of options compared to iphoto but u could also use keynote :)