Skype on a Powermac G4 450

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by phildg2000, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phildg2000

phildg2000 Member

Hi, would I be able to run skype (with video) on a Powermac G4 450 with 1GB RAM?
    I plan to give my old Powermac to my mom so she can Skype with my brothers and sisters in the U.S.

thanks,
    Philip

2. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

OT: hi phil! the ibook clamshell battery still won't charge. when is your shipment coming & how much?

in my donated iMac G3 500mhz, what I did was google for old Skype versions. Seeing that the current Skype download has higher system requirements, I installed each of the old versions until I got the highest version that would work. If I could recall it right, it should be Skype 2.6.. If not, try 2.5.

3. leeweiss23

leeweiss23 Member

same wise, just find a lower version to run it to your ibook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.