Skype Log-in/Password Problem

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by macky2green, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macky2green

macky2green Member

Hello, fellow MUGgers! Is it just me, or is everyone experiencing the same problem with Skype?...

A few minutes before this writing (7/26/09 1:27 AM), I have tried to log-in to Skype on my Mac. This has been a routine for me for so long now. Though, the last time I used it was about a week or two ago. When I click on the Skype icon on my Dock, it usually automatically signs-in as the "remember my password" is checked. And just now, I tried to launch Skype but I was shocked that it gave me a "Sign In Error - Wrong password" warning.

I still tried a couple of times but still no go. So, I finally tried "Forgot your password" just to easily/fastly sign-in and check on my contacts/friends there. But, when I follow the link sent by Skype on my e-mail account, I enter a new password then repeat, but still an error shows.

What can I do now? Hopefully this hasn't been hacked or something like most of the Yahoo accounts have experienced lately (in the past months). I'm really worried 'cause Skype is really very important to me. Thank you and God bless.

2. Tandem

Tandem Member

@macky2green,

Just launched Skype and it signed-in just fine. I have no idea though if this is of any relevance but I am currently logged in here in the U.S. Where are you located? It might be an issue with respect to your location perhaps?

3. macky2green

macky2green Member

Thanks, Tandem. Just tried again now after reading your post, same thing. Plus the fact that I have even restarted my Mac. I'm located in Doha, Qatar.

4. edpinedajr

edpinedajr Member

No problem here, I'm even using my skype while writing this message!

5. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

No problem with my Skype either. However, I've noticed that I can't connect with some websites I visited this evening.

6. imkara2510

imkara2510 Member

My friend also just encountered a problem with her skype. She can't log in either. I think what she did was reinstall skype and it worked. Hope this helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.