SKY Broadband Limited Access

Discussion in 'General OT' started by ruff1025, Aug 10, 2009.

1. chizbol

chizbol Member

Here is a screenshot of my torrent connection on sky. First torrent is from piratebay. 2nd torrent is from a private tv show tracker.

[​IMG]

2. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

Skybroadband surfing the net is fine but when it comes to downloading it sucks big time. There will be times where I will have great downloading speeds but most of the time I get less than 1mbps. its like I was using a dial up or worse

3. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

i was able to download about 1.5gb worth of files via peer to peer over night. now i have nothing again.

4. Kritiker

Kritiker Member

Mine has been like this since around june/july. I only get P2P connection starting around 10pm-12midnight until around 7am.

5. ayami

ayami Member

Can't download torrent files. We use the Magnet files instead. I wonder if Sky is blocking the sites like Horriblesubs, eztv and isohunt.

6. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

Thread re-homed (new location is more appropriate).

7. Kritiker

Kritiker Member

Seems like it. I can only download torrents from isohunt during 12midnight till around 5-6AM. It seems that they're not blocking the site, just the .torrent files.

8. elbert

elbert Active Member

It appears that Sky has taken notice of my rant in Facebook, as a team of technicians and admins are now in touch with me and trying to resolve my issue. It seems to be improving.

When they first contacted me, they explained that there were some network issues that were being addressed. When they got back to me to check if all was okay already, I said everything was still the same and I explained that it seems likely to be an admin issue and not a network problem.

I got another call today, asking to check and so I did. It now seems to be improving, however it seems many ports are blocked as there are still some torrents I cannot download and my seeding is stuck at 0 peers.

I checked via Open Port Check Tool and true enough, the Peer listening ports are closed, just as Transmission says.

Also, I cannot access this site (where I watch F1 live): Sky F1 Live Stream Online

Again, none of this is a problem when I'm connected via VPN.

it really is an admin issue.

9. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

When my PLDT dsl application fell through, I was about to get Skybroadband 10mbps @15gb cap. My main intention is to be able to download my OS X Appleseed builds. If they will block that too then it is a useless endeavor.

10. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Thnking of getting the 10mbps @ 15gb as well, any one here that got the same plan?

11. chizbol

chizbol Member

i may have inadvertently figured out what was wrong. had this problem today. I tried thinking what i did differently yesterday. Last night my router/net was acting up (can't browse). short of doing everything my last resort was to change dns servers. I initially had it on Google and then last night switched it back to Sky. this morning (4am) i added my torrents from last night, when I woke up at around 930am, hoping everything would have been downloaded. and to my surprise NONE of them moved a single bit! I shut down my torrent client, updated my router back to Google dns and fired up my client again, and viola!!! torrents are running again. By the way, google dns' are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

12. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Sorry if this question came up na di ko mahanap.. My ISP is Skybroadband and I don't have a router.. My modem is directly connected to my laptop.. It's all working great until I bought a new wireless router (D-Link Cloud Router DIR-605L) I can't seem to connect to the internet via wifi or wired connection.. Anyone here know how to set up this?

13. elbert

elbert Active Member

That's supposed to be connecting via DHCP, which is usually the default setting of any router. Try restoring your router to default. Make sure to power cycle the modem too.