sketchup 6 or 7 help

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by cmclim, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

anybody using the free sketchup app from google on their mac? im having a hard time installing the free plugins from different sources to be able to render my 3d..can anybody help me out..buy the way im not interested in buying a rendering app. or using pirated software in other words it should be all free solution..ihave autocad installed in my bootcamp but i just need this for my fast 3d needs..many thanks..

2. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

How about exporting the 3D model from Sketchup to autocad .dwg file and open it in Autocad then render.

3. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

because from what i heard rendering is much better in sketchup..ive been a long time autocad user.and a new 3dmax user and its alot of work for me to render on 3dmax and i have lots of work to do..3dmax is one of the top apps but its just complicated..like if i want to use my autocad file on 3dmax..i need to assign each and every solid to a different layer..one of my office-mate uses sketchup but for XP and he tells me that it renders great and very easy to use..the problem is that i just want a rendering 3d tool on my mac for quick work..so that i won't need to go to bootcamp to use autocad...has anybody tried the IDX plugin..i can't seem to find the IDX after installing...

#3 cmclim, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.