Singapore Travel Tips

Discussion in 'Travel' started by thekemosabe, Jan 1, 2010.

1. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

It has been 7 years since I've been to Singapore and that trip was arranged by my sister. I'll be on vacation there with my girlfriend next month who hasn't been to Singapore. So far, only Universal Studios is in our itinerary. I'm confused with the Sentosa attractions when I checked Klook. Not sure which attractions we should definitely go. Any recommendation? Jewel will either be upon arrival or before departing Singapore. Will be there for 4 days and 3 nights.

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Try contacting Cebu Travels at Lucky Plaza...

I normally buy tickets from them when I have guests.

https://www.facebook.com/cebuairtravelandtours/

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm..suggested ite for your gf:

day one jewel upon arrival and gardens by the bay and marina bay sands viewing deck late afternoon to late evening.
    day two sentosa universal and aquarium and vivo mall shopping full day
    day three singapore zoo (mrt ang mo kio station then taxi or grab car or bus to sg zoo) or night safari half or full day or alternative like museums like the sg gallery and national museum
    day four orchard road half day (after hotel checkout).

Ideal flights are early morning flight to sg and late night departure to manila.

#1703 raypin, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

If you bought your Universal Studios tickets from Klook, when you arrive at Sentosa don't go straight to the entrance of Universal Studios. You need to bring your Klook tickets to the Klook booth first and they'll give you the actual tickets for Universal Studios. Their booth is a bit far from the Universal Studios entrance, so ask where it is when you arrive in Sentosa. I'd really recomend that you also buy express passes for Universal Studios so you won't be spending hours in the lines for the rides.

5. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Yup, we have early morning flight to SG then 8pm flight back to Manila. I insisted on that as to not cram too many places in 1 day.

I'll probably take your suggestion. Just not sure with day 2. Can we explore universal, sentosa attractions and aquarium in 1 day or are you only referring to sentosa as the island where universal is? Sorry my company doesn't send me to trainings in Singapore to explore tourist attractions after. Haha

Is the Klook booth just a few hundred meters from the Universal entrance? Cause if it is within 500 meters, we can walk to it to get the actual tickets. But just check Klook now and it says to just present the mobile voucher for admission. Does this mean no need to go to Klook booth?

6. raypin

Mm... universal studios sg is half day at least unless you are in a hurry. There are other attractions and activities within Sentosa but I suggest sticking with universal rides all you can manage since tickets to the theme park are not exactly cheap. You can include the SEA Aquarium in your ite.

Full list to choose from:

https://thehoneycombers.com/singapo...ies-beaches-bars-restaurants-hotels-and-more/

My top two still are Uni SG and SEA.

7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

For those who've gone to Universal Studios Singapore, when did you go and how's the walking around the park. I've taken my kids to Universal LA in the summer and the dry heat didn't bother me. Universal Studios in Japan in the summer was sticky. I would guess Singapore would be sticky even in November, December and January? I'm curious.

8. eag

Yes the Klook Booth is just a few hundred meters from the Universal Studios entrance, but the booth is closer to the entrance of Sentosa. So if you go all the way to Universal you might have to walk all the way back and find the booth. I suggest you ask Klook directly whether you have to present the mobile voucher at the Universal Studios entrance, or if you have to present the mobile voucher to the Klook booth.

9. eag

We visited there in late December a few years back, and yes it was still very very hot, and humid that day as it was raining from time to time.

Juice likes this.
  10. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning a trip for my kids, and it looks like it will change. Whenever I go to Singapore on a business trip, I have to wear a coat and tie, and I sweat. The Norwegian and Germans i’m with are not and said, your from the Philippines but you’re sweating? We wear barong! :)

raypin likes this.
  11. raypin

Mm..food inside uni sg lousy and way overpriced. Better to eat at Vivo at food republic near the monorail or the mall resto or mall food court near bayfront mrt exit.

12. eag

It's true that it's overpriced and not great, but there's always something compelling about eating theme park food.
    Or maybe that's just me

13. raypin

mm...my visit there was excellent. My companions were all over the park. Me? I found the nearest cafe inside the park, ordered coffee and pastry, listened to my headphones and wala lang. Best theme park experience. Same with Ocean Park in HK. Umupo at natulog.

Maulan and mainit that time sa SG.

Sunil_K and Juice like this.
  14. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Universal SG on a Feb & June.. Weather feels Hotter n Dry on both occasion... Parks get busy between 1 to 4pm, so rides queue gets long.. after 5pm it gets easy.. as Group Tours and non Riders leaves ,, Weekday Scheds has lesser crowd & Locals...

15. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

True.. And dining at theme parks are part of the experience too, same as buying Overpriced Merch =P specially if you have kids and teens in tow..

16. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

i only eat here since the prices are reasonable. haha.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

jhonas015 and Juice like this.
  17. jetan

merch buy here instead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

catalysmic and Juice like this.
  18. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Went there in November 2012 and swore to myself never to go back there again because of the stifling heat and 100% humidity. I remember going back to the hotel room in the middle of the day to shower, totalling 3 to 4 showers a day and changes of clothes. The heat and stickiness there make the Philippines feel like the arctic.

Very unfortunately, my in-laws want to go there next month. Can't say no, so looks like we are Sing bound.

Like most of you, we were supposed to go to HK. But of course because it's a warzone now, obviously that plan is kaput. So far, I've heard practically all my friends are also going to Singapore instead. Mukhang the entire Metro Manila will mass migrate there during the break. 2019 Philippine invasion of Singapore. Another reason to blame the HK protesters. :p

I'm bringing t-shirts, shorts and flipflops. Also hand-held fans.

Any other tips for enduring the heat and humidity?

Sunil_K likes this.
  19. raypin

Mm...magdala ka ng payong. :ROFLMAO:

wear sportswear yun nag wick and dry fast plus very comfortable walking gear.

Heat not that bad because at least the mrt trains and stations are cool unlike ours which is hot-conditioned and grab is easy to use and reliable for point to point.

Do as the old locals do......very cold beer and hawker food as pulutan.

shopping trophy of the year in SG for the well-heeled: the Wall micro led tv by Samsung....142”......for a mere Php18 m. :LOL:

catalysmic, jetan, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  20. jetan

brought PAYONG but never used it once. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dryfit clothing + fan also hand towel if you're sweating too much.

i always took the bus since walking to MRT is far LAH!.
    [​IMG]

don't end up looking like this.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: