SIM Cloning

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by outaru-go, Sep 23, 2010.

1. outaru-go

outaru-go Member

Anyone here who clones sim?
    I'm planning to clone my sim card so I can cut the cloned sim and use it on my upcoming iPhone 4.

I like the idea of not having to switch sims when I have to use a cheap phone when I'm in public transpo or the slums.

Anyone can lead to to some one who clones simcards?

My other option is to ask GLOBE for a replacement sim with the same number, kunwari nawala yung old sim.. I'm not sure if it's possible though.

what are your thoughts on this.. thanks guys..

2. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

You can probably check out Greenhills for that type of service. Not sure about the Globe route. I think they deactivate the old sim when they reissue you a new one.

3. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Can't the networks detect a cloned SIM? That's the idea of GSM SIMs right? You can clone them but the network can detect it and maybe disabled if the telecoms have automated systems to block SIMs for subscribers protection.

To the TS: I'm not against the idea. Just saying you may get problems with the telco company.

4. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

this used to be possible in the old iphone 2G days, but i seriously doubt that it's possible now, with the new security features built into the new 3G sim cards. it wasn't cheap, and it certainly wasn't legal.... today, when globe replaces your "lost" sim, it deactivates the old one, so forget that idea. just get a cheap prepaid sim for your second phone.

5. i.am.aids

i.am.aids Member

That's illegal and could easily be detected.

6. jaytrixz

jaytrixz Active Member

I have a friend who can do this. He's from Greenhills. Not surprising isn't it? :p

He even uses an iPod Touch as a phone. :)

7. iJosh

iJosh Member

This problem is simple. Don't bring your iPhone 4 when you're going to slums or ride public transportation. You can get a Nokia C1 (this one's even a dual SIM phone) for less than two thousand pesos. :)

Else, get a car. You can get a second hand car with the same price of iPhone 4. :)

8. outaru-go

outaru-go Member

Thanks for your opinion regarding the topic..

I think I'll just forget the idea...

Dati kase I need to clone my sim to activate my 1st gen iPhone. Having two sims of the same number is very efficient.. but that was more than two years ago..

and indeed.. it wasn't cheap..

If only theres a cheap phone that diverts SMS.

9. Chrome

Chrome New Member

I have Sun sim and getting error on it. Sun shop doesn't replace sim card if pre-paid. I need this kind of service. Please help me. Thank you.

10. mataustriaii

mataustriaii Active Member

Technically you can clone a sim if you know the misdn and ccid of the sim. Since you "lost" your sim, they (service provider) can replace it with a new one with the same number but different ccid. This is unique in every sim. Activating the new one in the hlr will automatically leave the old sim useless. There is no legal way of doing it at present.

11. elbert

elbert Active Member

No to cloned SIMs. I had one before too, out of desperation to get the first gen iPhone to work, but I had to made sure to not use the original SIM at the same time. That's because there was a time I had two phones on and the incoming calls and SMS were getting confused. I realized that such a system may be wreaking some sort of havoc on the system.

12. zedd

zedd Member

There's an app in Android OS.

13. nailoloko lage

nailoloko lage New Member

hi jaytrix, i hope you can tell me who your friend an where i can find him/her so i can visit your friend and have my sim duplicated. thanks

14. elbert

elbert Active Member

Hi. Please. Don't.

SIM cloning is a no no.

15. jeck

jeck New Member

me too i lost my sun sim..and i dont have my sim bed..
    is it possible to clone a lost sim? please contact me, ill pay you..

16. penmanila

Staff Member

How on earth is anyone supposed to clone a lost SIM? Isn't it easier to just go to Sun and ask for a replacement? If the number is yours then they'll give you a fresh SIM.

scubadiverdaw likes this.
  17. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

And I hope he didn't give out his phone number from his lost Sun cellular simcard. :)

18. jeck

jeck New Member

they said that if your sim is prepaid it cant be replaced..
    do you think is it possible for them to replace my lost sim that i only have is my #..

19. penmanila

Staff Member

Well, with Globe, you just walk into a store and tell them you need a new SIM because you lost the old one or it's damaged, and they'll configure a new SIM card fur you with your old number. Of course this only works for postpaid SIMs, because they have your name and number on file, but prepaid SIMs are unregistered so there's no way they can verify that a certain number belongs to you. Why not just get a new SIM? People change numbers all the time anyway. It's a hassle but cloning even more so, if not downright illegal.

Sunil_K likes this.
  20. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

^Sir Butch, FYI: you can have your prepaid SIM replaced from Globe Business Centers as well - I've done this quite a few times. I did this because my old SIM was damaged (from cutting) - so I needed a replacement for it - same number retained.

However, to date (since Sept. 2015), Globe says they do not have stocks of SIM replacements for prepaid subscribers - so you're gonna have to check back by March. I checked quite a few branches recently because I need an LTE replacement (the current one I'm using is not LTE capable).

penmanila likes this.