SIM Card Registration

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by ice, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Flysky

Flysky New Member

If I register several cellphone numbers to my personal details but the number is attached to a relative (for example, a Senior Citizen’s online banking, bank details and other institutions such as SSS, Philhealth etc) will there be any issues moving forward?

I’m managing the online banking apps and all other transactions myself. The option to register under their name is not recommended due to certain conditions. So basically the number will be registered under my name but the number will be used by an elderly.

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm… it should not matter for as long as it is registered. Not the govt’s business how you are using those numbers or for what purpose for as long as it is legal.

potpot2 and Flysky like this.
  3. Flysky

Flysky New Member

Thanks. I presume there won’t be any issues either if that number is verified with Gcash under a different name? All transactions will be legal, only the name of the sim and Gcash will be two different names.

Also, is there a limit as to maximum mobile numbers can be registered under one name? I’ve been out of the loop lately and can’t find this info. It looks like I may have to register more than 5 numbers from different networks.

#103 Flysky, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  4. raypin

Mm...no limit to how many numbers you register.

5. DON2003

DON2003 PhilMUG Addict Member

I remember buying a simcard at a store in Singapore, they will just ask for your passport and copy the number on the cash register, like paying with a GC, I think thats how it should be done, the simcard can be traced that it was sold via the store, and it can be tracked to whom it was sold, WHEN NEEDED

6. Paeng

Paeng Active Member

Registered my DITO sim via the DITO app & it was hassle free.
    I was surprised it only took a couple of minutes.

7. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

8. DON2003

plan to register all my sims during Holy Week

9. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

SG Tourist SIM cards are deactivated by default. The time the cashier scanned your passport it was already sent to the carrier for registration then they scan the SIM serial and its activated as soon as it's handed to you.

As for SG citizens they will have to go through the same process as with what Telcos here are doing. Scan ID & face scan. I think the only difference is in the Philippines you need to take a photo with your ID presented.

10. HardCharger

HardCharger Active Member

Has notsoSmart finally figured out how to register our data SIMs?

11. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

I finally received my postpaid sim registration instructions from globe via sms.

All I had to do was to text SIMREG to 8080 and that's it!

#111 max_Moon, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    MharDelaCruz likes this.
  12. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Also waiting for my data sim on iPad. They even called me to say they don't have any notice on how to register it.

13. DON2003

Is Sim Reg now smooth? haven't tried to register my sims yet

14. HardCharger

HardCharger Active Member

I tried calling their customer service hotline, not much help. Only options were to know my balance and the bit about texting "yes" to 5858 to register the SIM. No option to speak with a customer service representative. Maybe notsoSmart is waiting for the lower data plans to die out due to no registration so we will be forced to "upgrade" to the higher tier plans?

15. Cruncher

Cruncher Active Member

How long does it take after registration to get the text message with the approval that everything was ok? Can I see the status also somewhere else?
    Normally I don`t use my SIM when I am not in the Philippines but I want to register it.

16. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone registered their Gomo Sim already? What’s their registration process?

17. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Every active Gomo sim is already done with the sim registration since before the sim could be used, user needs to create an account via the Gomo app providing one's basic info. Gomo has yet to update their app that lets users upload their ID and required selfie.

18. DON2003

plan to do all sims registration during the break.
    will discard all excess sims but this greedy Globe disabled share a load, so the load will in their pocket when sim got deactivated,
    the Cherry Prepaid got out of the market last March but wont refund any unused load and pocket all load left in the accounts,
    what a s#@&*$ NTC and DTI we have to approve their exit without refund all hard earned load money of the consumers.

19. raypin

Mm…with only 3 weeks left, only 37% of all active sim cards have been registered. Looks like an extension is needed in order for the program to succeed.

leninmac likes this.