Show me your Xiaomi

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by 650h2, Jan 15, 2015.

1. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

I have been hearing of Xiaomi more and more ever since 2013 but I have not owned nor have I personally seen any of their products.

I now know that they are the worlds most valuable startup company.
    Xiaomi passes Uber as the world's most valuable startup

also they are third-largest smartphone maker

and today
    Xiaomi mocks Apple with its very own premium phablet

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/15/xiaomi-mi-note/?ncid=rss_truncated
    I am looking forward to purchasing my first Xiaomi, a Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 and their recently announced 50mm headphones mentioned above when it is released

Xiaomi's new Mi headphones support both over-ear and on-ear experiences for $80 | Android Central
    Maybe this is good enough to replace my ATH-M50

another interesting device announced today is:
    Xiaomi's $30 Android streamer looks exactly like a phone chargerXiaomi's $30 Android streamer looks exactly like a phone charger

[​IMG]

2. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

for now my xiaomi products are just power banks (16000, 10400 and 5200 mAh). i find it apple-ish from packaging to build:)

[​IMG]

3. prince_charming

those cans look very premium. seems tempting

4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm really interested to get their streamer but I can't find any announcement from Xiaomi's social media pages (Xiaomi Singapore and Malaysia, both FB and G+)...

They only announced the Mi Note/Pro

Although some online sellers have Chinese units available, some of the menus are not in English.

I guess this is the same reason why we didn't have a Xiaomi thread earlier. They can announce and release a new product everyday (they even have an air purifier in China) but since most of their products are for the Chinese market, buying one is really difficult.

5. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

[​IMG]

Xiaomi proving to the world that they are an Apple-wannabe, Xiaomi's AC wifi router

6. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

looks like apple magic touch...

7. warmgreentea

warmgreentea Well-Known Member

I'm actually in the hunt for their Air Purifier. Looks so minimalist and of course, it purifies thy air(?) :D

[​IMG]

8. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

While it's great news that they offer low prices, I could say that imitating/copying other manufacturer's designs would make them get past 5 years pa...

I will see them combat ingfringement cases left and right, and they already lost some cases

9. ste@lth

ste@lth Well-Known Member

And although copyright issues will be a nightmare to brands and manufacturers, a good competition with the existing giants would surely benefit the end-users, let's see how this pans out in the coming months.

10. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I believe only their MediaTek devices were banned in India. They're still allowed to sell Qualcomm versions.

I honestly think this is the reason why they used Snapdragon 805/810 for their new Note.

11. muchos

muchos Member

For Mi3 or Redmi 1s users, how's the reliability so far after months of use?

12. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

Xiaomi is getting a dose of somewhat their own medicine, some of their products are so popular that there are fake versions of their product
    How to check fake Xiaomi Piston Earbuds ( Full Details with photo ) - Mi Gadgets - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum
    [h=1][Tips & Tutorials] How to check fake Xiaomi Piston Earbuds ( Full Details with photo )[/h]I was about to buy the headset from a local online seller but decided not to take the risk. The guide may be outdated and the copycats may have improved. Shipping from legit online stores (overseas) either takes too long or more expensive than the actual product :-(

13. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

l

mi3 is value for money. Although I would not recommend it to a first time android user.

14. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

15. erizevet

erizevet Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mi powerbanks and earphones.. ü I was waiting for the release of Mi 4 but it did not came, so I purchase the ascendmate 7 instead for my gf.

16. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

^ hoarder :)

nice collection man

17. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

Someone should make 9to5mi.com :D

18. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

or a PhilMi.ph :cool:

19. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Waiting for their GoPro like actioncam, so I can upgrade from my SJ4000. :) Was already announced last year...

20. mrlnmrtnz

mrlnmrtnz Member

My Xiaomi 5000mah wrapped in Black Napa Leather

[​IMG]