Shopping suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by KingsGlaive, Feb 23, 2019.

1. KingsGlaive

KingsGlaive New Member

Hi PhilMug!

This is my first post ever and I'm looking to be an active member of the community! That being said, I'm currently on the market to buy my first ever Macbook, in fact the MBA 2018 (I've always been a Windows user but the reliability of Windows laptops over the years is something that's left to be desired).

I just want to ask the community some suggestions where I can buy relatively lower-priced Macbook Airs. I'm looking for a 512GB one but the standard 8GB RAM would suffice. I'm currently in Graduate School and I want something portable but stronger than the Macbook.

I tried calling AJT Gadget World and Bosjap Shop but both stores said that they don't have stocks of the 512GB.

For price comparison, AJT GW sells the 256GB model at 77k vs Apple.com's pricing at 87k. That's almost 10k worth of savings (I'll also be needing a dongle lol)

Much help is appreciated. Thank you very much!

2. mark.rupido

mark.rupido Member

You'd be better off looking for other 3rd party suppliers for that since they don't sell a 512Gb capacity in stores as stock. They sell that as BTO (built to order). Probably lurk the FB marketplace since there might be a chance that someone might sell one like that or probably try and check tipid pc sellers as well.

KingsGlaive likes this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

When you said shopping, I thought you were looking for grocery tips :whistle:

Having said that, and being your first time here, it’ll be awhile before you can get to access the Marketplace but don’t fret, our friends from BTB can assist you on the purchase you want, and as @mark.rupido says, any upped specs are likely to be BTOs, but why not if that is what you wish for.

Hang around here. You’ll be able to talk to someone to help you get one. Good luck and welcome.

KingsGlaive likes this.
  4. KingsGlaive

KingsGlaive New Member

Oof. Thought that stocks were readily available. Contacted BTB and with Apple’s pricing the 512GB is a hard sell. I think I’ll be buying an external drive to make up for it. Cheaper way too.

Thanks!

5. KingsGlaive

KingsGlaive New Member

Thanks! Looking forward to get Marketplace access! Reddit’s been pointing me to PhilMug for anything Apple related. The community’s great! Thanks for the heads up!

6. lardcas

lardcas Member

You may try sending an email inquiry to Senco Link as well.

7. KingsGlaive

KingsGlaive New Member

Sorry, Senco Link?

8. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Google is your friend, friend ;)

9. Rixh

Rixh New Member

It would be good if there's a marketplace here, not sure but I thought it was this site or similar.