Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

it's been extended until July 7. i was worried too as I have 5 items delivered to LBC CA today (won't reflect on my cart until July 1, buti na lang!:))

2. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

I received an e-mail last June 27 from LBC Shipping Cart regarding the arrival of an iPhone 6 plus case I bought from Amazon.

Until now, it has yet to appear on my account.

I called LBC's hotline already and I was just given a generic spiel - "someone will call you today".

3. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Same first-time experience with LBC Shipping Cart: my first package arrived last week and is yet to appear in my account. The second package arrived yesterday and, not surprisingly, also isn't reflected in my account.

I made email follow-ups and got the same replies as previous posters. Good thing I decided to send a third package which I needed more immediately via JAC.

I now realise it must be because of their Fathers Day promo, but it's not a good welcome for first-time users. If my packages don't appear in my account by this weekend, and subsequently I cannot act on them, I will likely stick to JAC, my shipper of choice since 2009.

4. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

gaol - oh my! first time LBC Shipping Cart user here, too.

I was an avid customer of JAC but I'm no longer based in Makati and it's quite difficult to coordinate with JAC re: provincial shipping so I opted for LBC.

I'm beginning to regret my decision.

5. melvel

melvel Member

My personal rule is:

If I need the item right away and the item is of high value: use JAC
    If I need the item right away and the item is not of high value: use myEcasa
    if I don't need the item right away: use LBC

juristantrum likes this.
  6. splukutum

splukutum Active Member

7. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Hmm that's weird, I assume you received this email last June 22 right?
    Apple shipped my item last June 24 without problems. Maybe I was lucky that my item went through,haha

8. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm opting to go with JAC for my planned purchase this September, but they quoted my items for around 2k. While I got around 1.5k for POBox, and 1k for MSB, hence, will prolly go with MSB for now.

LBC and MyEcasa have yet to reply to my quotation request though :\

9. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but can I ship items with batteries (gadgets) through MSB? I'm thinking of getting two Kindles from amazon, but I want to try MSB now since I've already tried myEcasa. :)

10. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

I believe MSB does not accept packages with batteries :(

11. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Pretty much the same except I also use LBC for consolidating items.

ragandbone likes this.
  12. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

i guess LBC's overwhelmed with deliveries. they received my items (5 items in 3 packages), tuesday. they appeared on my 'storage' just this morning. with 20% discount extended, i only paid PhP1,050.00. this is my 3rd shipment with LBC.

really nice for someone who's used to JAC shipping. door to door pa :)

13. warmgreentea

Okay, looks like I won't be using MSB then. Their website confuses me actually. :p

Just ordered a Kindle and a Shoe and will be using LBC this time. I must say that the UX for LBC's site is very user friendly and straight to the point, and I like the fact that they also store the data with what you order in their website. Lets see how this goes. :)

14. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

@warmgreentea, you may want to recheck with LBC if they accept air freight for the Kindle. Their website says that they ship devices with lithium ion batteries via sea freight. AFAIK, only myEcasa air freights devices with batteries.

15. warmgreentea

Oh man, thanks for the heads up. So far my items hasn't been shipped, so I'll try to call LBC first thing tomorrow. Thanks! :)

16. m4r14n

m4r14n Active Member

Hi N00b question :) If I ship via LBC from US to Manila - will it be door to door? :) I'm currently here in the US and let's just say... I am enjoying 4th of July sales too much :) What would be the recommended shipping method so I don't get overweight? :)

17. melvel

melvel Member

Yes, it will be door to door. I am not in the US, and I'm also enjoying the 4th of July sales. Haha!

18. melvel

melvel Member

I think I read in their website that they accept items with batteries for air freight also, but shipping time is longer.

19. ragandbone

ragandbone New Member

Can you guys give a brief review and tips for these forwarders?

MSB, JAC, MyEcasa, LBC, Corner8, Pobox

20. angelwings_hk

angelwings_hk Member

Tried out LBC with my recent package. Got an email Monday last week that they got my package in their warehouse and that this will appear in my account the next day. Well, a week has passed and it hasn't appeared in my account. Last time I will be using LBC.