Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

My packages arrived in their facilities, they just haven't updated my account. And yes, I have contacted them about this and they gave the same reason as all of you got -- overwhelmed by the amount of packages arriving so their usual 2-3 days became 5+ days etc etc.

2. mig

mig Active Member

Has anyone tried LBC Shipping Cart?

3. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Intriguing. Thanks, will definitely try it. It seems better, they take a photograph of your items plus they will consolidate your shipment for both air and sea cargo, the last option is what is missing from MSB and JAC. The only problem is if they will tax the items. In their FAQ they say that all items imported are taxed and they say its our responsibility to pay customs, etc. they also have a table of the tax charged for the items though hopefully it's just their way of shifting responsibility away from them. Will try it as I'm shopping for toys.

As for MSB, I don't know how they determine which items will they input on their system. My package which arrived on Dec. 4 has already shown up on my dashboard today.

4. xtine

xtine Active Member

poison_ivy, please let us know about your experience with LBC Shipping Cart :)

5. mig

mig Active Member

Placed a small order already and had it shipped to them. First time for me to use any other service aside from Johnny Air so kinda hesitant. Hope it turns out well because the service seems good on paper. Ordered a wallet, lenses for sunglesses, and 2 iPhone cases so it shouldn't be that heavy/big.

6. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Please do share your experience. I'm also hesitant because of the 10% tax based on the invoice on their FAQ. Though there might be a chance that they're not implementing that. I already emailed customer service regarding the tax.

7. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

I just authorised shipment of my MSB package.

It arrived at MSB on Dec 5 (CA time)

8. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Hmm so there really is some delays in MSB. I ordered a book a few days before Black friday. USPS tracking says that they delivered the item on November 19 (based on USPS so I think it's CA date not PH) and it went past the 3 days inspection time I usually encounter with them. I had to email them because I thought I lost the package so I can coordinate with amazon for a refund (maybe because USPS didn't deliver to the correct address) and poof. It appeared on my dashboard on November 27 and authorized on the same day (I had to email them the tracking number, from where did I buy it and the description of my package though)

Unfortunately until now, it's status is still "order departed us" so I am still playing the waiting game. :))

And now I'm waiting for a rolling pin to appear on my dashboard which was delivered 3 days ago by UPS. so yeah, there are some delays with MSB. But from my experience, never did they lose my package. Maybe I was just paranoid because of the longer-than-usual waiting time.

9. melvel

melvel Member

So far, I am still loving corner8 for those times when I have low EQ and I need the item right away. Cheaper than Johnny Air although less frequent ang air shipments nila. So you have to time your orders so that it gets to their US address by cut off (Wednesdays every week).

For balikbayan box, I use pobox.ph. Magaling sila mag-pack. Kaya lang the port congestion has really delayed shipments lately. Two months na ang average ngayon.

10. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Day 10 and I still haven't seen my order in my MSB page. Time to send another email to them.

11. arnel312

arnel312 Member

Mine is on its 11th day!!!

12. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

No luck. They said that it'll reach until next week before they can get rid of their backlog.

13. marcalbar

marcalbar Member

^^ yup. I sent an email last night to follow my packages and got the same reply.

14. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Hmm my package just showed up at my MSB account this morning. It was delivered by UPS on december 7 or 8 (I'm not sure what day it was exactly) So i'm not really sure on why some items show up sooner than others, since if they have a backlog (which i'm sure they have) shouldn't they be following the first-in first-out policy? Because I was expecting my package to show up a little later (not that im complaning though, maybe I'm just lucky)

On another note: my book which was authorized last november 27 is still written as "order departed us"...do they also have a backlog of items that needs to be delivered from their facility in our country?

15. Rastaman

Rastaman Member

Under your bed. In your closet. In your head.
    Same here. My items, which were shipped by Amazon on 6th Dec, showed up today on MSB.

What's the current delivery time via sea freight right now? Price difference between sea & air is 100%, so am still undecided on this one.

16. boy_jorg

boy_jorg Member

i ordered a book and based on the tracker it was delivered last nov 26 at the MSB facility, until now the item isnt listed at my page. I have contacted them and to no avail. sana kahit mapost lang sa page just to assure me that they have the item.

17. mig

mig Active Member

So far, so good for LBC Shipping Cart. The items arrived at the given address and they uploaded pics of each item on my account. For some reason Amazon broke apart my order so 1 item arrived ahead and the other 3 followed. Consolidated everything in a box and shipped it. Box is supposed to arrive on December 20 and there's an option to track it.

Ordered a Tumi wallet, Oakley lenses, and 2pcs Incipio DualPro. I declared the value as $150 and shipping fee was P1096 (~P600 for the actual shipping, ~P400 for the insurance). Insurance goes up depending on the value you declare.

Be warned that they open some packages to take pics. Doesn't matter to me but that might be a deal-breaker for some.

18. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

To sir rastaman: I'm not sure about their sea freight since I always use air freight but if I can remember, it can reach to about one or 2 months (not really sure) :)

mig: Thanks for the heads up, please do keep us updated. This seems to be a nice alternative to MSB. I really like the fact that they open the package to take pics as you can see the item first before shipping. Do they deliver door to door or you have an option to claim at your nearest LBC branch? :)

update on my shipment: my november 27 authorized shipment is still on "order departed us" status. it was never this long with my other shipments before. :( I guess the backlog is really delaying everything here. Guess I'll have to wait a little more. :)

19. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

@mig I hope you will continue your update.

600 lang? How heavy is your package?

20. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

How about duties/taxes?