Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Glad that things got sorted out! Also good to know that myEcasa's customer service is responsive.

2. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup but at first sabi ng myEcasa phils wala daw sila magagawa nung una, dahil wala daw talaga sila narereceive. Yun pala, may mali is yung nasa california. Hehe. The address na nasa ilalim nung name na ninote nila ay hindi naman yung address ng myEcasa so why would they think na under her name yun. Haha. The one with their California address is my name. Hay buti na lang they double checked the items which fled kagabi papunta satin.

3. primo1

primo1 Member

Question: What is the best courier to ship extra large boxes? Like 56"x15"x22" and 70lbs to be exact. I know that shipping it by sea is the best option, but which courier is recommended in terms of performance, reliability, and ease of transaction? Hope you could also share your experiences with shipping an extra large box.

Thanks! :)

4. jagunosra

jagunosra New Member

try forex

5. Juicecasmot

Juicecasmot Member

Php 3,400

6. Kleithxx

Cant seem to open MSB's website. :/

7. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

The only thing I like about myEcasa is that they do home delivery, but, I think they should improve how they track incoming shipments and the manner how they ship items to their costumers. I had a leather belt shipped to them and was received on May 26. They sent me an email on June 2 that they received my item and it took them one week. I made payment on June 4 and they confirmed payment on June 8. I haven't received any communication from them since that time. So what does this mean? JAC na lang for me.

8. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

same experience at myEcasa...

ordered items from Amazon, two shipments...
    emailed them about incoming two shipments - acknowledged receipt of emails by myEcasa...
    first shipment was delivered to them June 8 - no email yet
    second shipment was delivered to them June 12 - no email yet...
    emailed them about deliveries of my shipments - no response yet...

9. camillediaz

camillediaz Active Member

You can try MSB. :)

10. zarghee

zarghee Member

How much did myEcasa charged you for the shipment?

11. Kleithxx

I was billed 1050 pesos. The said volumetric weight is 3LBS.

How my package looked like when my friend shipped the item to them. :)
    [​IMG]

12. VicB

You can also try LBC. They do home delivery & they do have an online tracking system although it's far from real-time tracking. Something is better than nothing I suppose.

13. borderlands

borderlands New Member

Hi magnus,

How much did you have to pay for custom taxes?

Thanks!

14. borderlands

borderlands New Member

Hi all! I'm new here and have read most pages on this thread.

I've been using Pobox ever since and haven't tried other forwarders.

At first I was thinking of trying either MyEcasa or LBC Shipping Cart but as @jlconferido said, MyEcasa takes too long to respond that shipment is delayed. So that narrows it down to just LBC shipping cart.

Would anyone know if LBC has hidden/not mentioned on website charges like custom taxes? Or any other charge besides the basic $5.04 per pound + $10 fixed fee?

Has anyone encountered any problem with their service?

Thanks in advance :D

15. borderlands

borderlands New Member

Thanks for sharing this, Theus. Just found your previous post on how you paid P831 and had some CDs consolidated. They didn't charge any additional hidden fees, right? Thanks in advance :)

16. Juicecasmot

Juicecasmot Member

^ I don't think they have hidden charges. The package I shipped is around 14.25 lbs, per their computation, that should total around php3,600, I only paid about php3,400.

17. VicB

LBC does not have any hidden charges. What they quote you is your final cost. I've used them a lot & yet have to get additional charges on my items shipped thru them. I will be trying myEcasa in July as I've got an item which has batteries. It seems that myEcasa is the only one shipping such items for an additional fee. I thought I read somewhere in this thread that another courier is also doing it. Not sure if it was JAC or MSB.

18. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

^JAC and MyEcasa ship items w/ batteries. LBC also shipped but with extra fee.

My latest package with myEcasa arrived today. It tooks 10 business days. Still satisfied with them. :)

19. borderlands

borderlands New Member

Re: MSB Bulletin: Lithium Batterries

My guess is that some forwarders have stronger relationship with US customs.

Like in POBox's case, POBox can get liquid through PH customs because customer support said they only x-ray their boxes, while other forwarders' boxes are opened for inspection by customs. They probably have stronger relations with PH customs.

20. borderlands

borderlands New Member

Thanks for the info @VicB. I just got a response from LBC Shipping Cart saying that they do not allow liquids, apparently. So I guess I'll be trying out MyEcasa instead as they said they allow liquid shipments. Hope you can give us feedback on your experience with them.