Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^that's great news bro, so the total fee was really less than 1k?
    and to add, it's really unlocked right?

2. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Has anybody else experienced a delay in their packages being reflected on your myshopping box account? I'm a bit worried. Per tracking my iPhone has been reflected as received last Sept. 29 (US time) but until now it's not yet reflected in my MSB account. I'm a bit worried. I've been using them for some time and the most I have to wait for my packages to show up is 2 days. I've called up their PH and US office and they said it's due to the volume of the packages and they have to manually enter each packages.

*sigh* I should have had my friend send it to JAC, more peace of mind and a lot faster.

3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

$16.49 (due to BDO discount) just for the iPhone itself.
    Yes, it's really unlocked, as has been confirmed in the iPhone 6/6+ thread.

poison_ivy, would you mind sharing the contact number for their US office?

4. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

It's the number they give you together with your MSB address: (818) 260-0016.

5. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Thanks! I changed that to my VoIP number, since I thought they wouldn't really be using that number.

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

September 29th? You might get a notification that they got it around tonight. They are really slow in processing received items. If it weren't an iPhone, I wouldn't mind but my sept. 19th shipment was only reflected last sept 23 so I lost about 3 days of lead time to get my phone. I think they are purposely doing it (My iPhone packaging was weighed volumetrically at 2.01lbs which they rounded up to 3 lbs. without consideration).

7. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Don't worry about the update on their website. Sometimes my items have already arrived but their webpage is not yet updates.

I have shipped over a hundred items from them. I don't want to try JAC, they charge a lot more from what I've read, especially electronic items.

8. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Update! Got a notification that it was received just s few minutes ago. Whew! One less thing to worry about. :) I actually find MSB a bit more reliable than JAC. As mentioned in my post at JAC's thread, they already lost 2 packages of mine but I was lucky because the seller refunded my payment. Now the waiting for my iPhone to reach me begins.

9. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Any updates on your iPhone via MSB? Thanks!

10. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

anybody tried pobox.ph? i dont mind the waiting time, i just want to know if the items are safe while in transit. hehe

11. antski

antski Well-Known Member

In general, the items are safe with pobox.ph. They offer insurance which you can avail of and use whenever any item gets lost along the way. There were instances that US Customs open the boxes for inspection which may cause some items to get lost but it seldom happens.

12. jessec

jessec Active Member

^have been using pobox.ph for some time now, one of my box containing harddrive , car speaker and xbox got pilfered and i wasn't compensated lesson learned, just insured your box if you have some valuable item. But they are reliable most of the time.

13. fr.ankie

fr.ankie Member

thanks for the replies and feedbacks. ill just avail the insurance then, nothing valuable naman and its just toys.
    @jessec, while researching i saw some complaints of some people also having their items pilfered and they usually happens when your box is with the us customs.

14. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

just got it today. :) 6 working days or 10 including weekends. Not bad.

I've tried pobox for the second time. My box arrived last saturday but I paid for shipping around Sept. 15. It takes a long time but so far so good, haven't lost any item but mostly because I've been shopping for clothes. I love that theY consolidate. I hope there's a forwarder that would consolidate for air shipments. Maybe JAC could do this now that they're losing customers to MSB.

15. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

What JAC needs to do is make it easier to handle shipments online (much better than what MSB does). None of this call them every time you order nonsense.

16. eli71724

eli71724 Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Would you please guide me on how to activate the unlocked T mobile unit. I read that it has a t mobile sim. Do i remove the sim before inserting my globe sim and turning the iphone on? Or i turn on the unit with the t mobile sim in it? Thanks!

17. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Remove the SIM and put in your Globe sim before turning it on for the first time. It will not activate with the T-Mobile sim because there is no service plan associated with that sim.

18. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

^^ what ishg said. Just remove the sim, insert your sim card and activate.

19. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Hi ishg, OT question on the included T-Mobile sim. Is it a prepaid sim that's ready to use? I'm traveling to the US this November so it may come in handy when I'm there. Is there a process I need to do to activate it while I'm still in Manila or is it good to go? Thanks!

#79 rednaxela, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  20. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

My understanding is that it needs to be activated. It has no airtime, no number associated with it; you don't even get the bigger credit card sized sim card holder. So you would either need to activate it online or go to a T-Mobile store.