Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

They receive on saturdays. I'm not sure on Sundays. Someone named Chris signs the delivery. Lol.

2. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

USPS once sent me notification that the delivery of my package failed because no one was around to receive it. I emailed MSB and the following is an excerpt of their response:

3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Guess that settles that! Thanks for sharing.

4. rdy0329

Will keep this in mind then. This is news for me.

5. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

If you use Globe's GCash American Express Virtual Pay or BDO, you'll get that $25 subscription fee waived (you have to pay a P250 subscription fee to use the former).

Regarding the second part, it works like this: Create an MSB account with payment info > Order from X website > X website delivers to MSB > MSB alerts you you have an item > You authorize the shipment and MSB will charge your payment info > MSB delivers the item.

Never knew this was possible. Thanks for the neat trick!

6. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

With regard to using MSB's address from the start while ordering from the USA Apple Store, it seems to have gone thru just fine since my orders are already being prepared for shipment. If any issues arise, I'll give an update here.

7. jushjush

jushjush Member

Thanks alot for the info :)

8. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

My iPhones finally reflected in my MSB account. Now I just need to know one thing -- how do I apply insurance? I tried calling their customer hotline but they were already out of the office.

9. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

You have the option to avail of insurance when you authorize your shipment.

10. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I've ticked the "Avail Insurance" option on MSB but there's no way for me to input the value that's over $100. The declared value of the package from the sender (Apple/UPS) is listed as $0. Anyone here know what action to take?

11. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Hi Leon, how heavy is the volumetric weight of the iPhone shipment box as computed by MSB? How much are they charging for Air Shipment? I've been using MSB for almost two years also and all of my packages were delivered at my doorstep successfully. Appreciate a reply. Thanks!

12. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Weight of the iPhone 6 shipment box as computed by MSB is 2 pounds and the cost to ship via air equals to $17.

Since you've been using them awhile, how do you apply insurance when the sender's declared value is $0?

13. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Well I just never applied insurance to any of my purchases. Think the most expensive item i got was a $300 lumix waterproof camera from Amazon. Of course I took the risk but it arrived safely at my doorstep. Also bought a kindle without insurance.

14. rdy0329

my iPhone shipments also showed up. Since the UPS box is around 10x6x3, it exceeded the 166 cubic inches that MSB classifies as 1 pound. Thus we are charged 2 pounds.

shipped 3 iPhone 5ses last year, all successful. An xbox 360 too. Just tick the avail insurance even if its zero. Palcebo peace of mind. Lol.

15. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Just curious on how much you're shelling out all in converted to PHP, if you don't mind. :)

16. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

That's what I ended up doing. I just took everybody's word here that they got their items in pristine condition and went ahead with the shipment. Now if they would just deliver as quickly as JohnnyAir can...

On another note, don't they have a US number we can contact? I've had experiences before where Amazon delivered a damaged product but that was easily replaced since I just coordinated the replacement with Amazon and my friend who received it.

The total cost of the iPhone 6 64GB (as converted by my Citibank card from $ to PESO) is P37,188.25 + $16.49 shipping from MSB (using a BDO card). Assuming BDO uses an exchange rate of $1 = ~P46 that would be P758.54
    Total = P37,946.79

17. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Nice. I've actually used this to get the rate used by Citibank:

iPhone 6 64GB - $749
    Sales Tax (CA) - $67.41 (9%)
    Total - $816.41

Php37,188.25 / $816.41 = Php45.55

I bet the conversion rate will be much lower if you used BPI. :p

18. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

They've always provided the lowest conversion rate, as far I know. I just don't mind using my Citi more because of my points.

19. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Wow, that's still 6k cheaper than Lazada's best offer! Shipping certain items does pay off. Hope you can receive your unit soon!

20. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

My iPhone finally arrived today, roughly around 12nn.

Timeline:
    Packaged arrived and signed for at MSB facility - Sep. 19 (USA time)
    Package reflected on MSB account - Sep. 23 (PH time)
    Authorized for shipment - Sep. 24 (PH time)
    Departed USA - Sep. 26 (PH time)
    Arrived at doorstep - Oct. 3 (PH time)

Not taking into account the weekends since MSB doesn't count them, that's 10 days. Not bad.