Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

amen! much much much better tahn kangoexpress!

2. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

DO NOT send via KANGO express! they lost my ipad pro and never did anything about it! bye bye :(

3. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes! I've done this many times as there are times wherein I'd order items for pickup at BestBuy then my sister would drive-by the item since there's a BestBuy 5mins away from her home; then she'll get it shipped to buyandship and it will be forwarded to pinas like the usual. It is a bit more expensive as you'd be paying 2x the shipping (like UPS/FedEX to BNS then BNS to PH). Just as long as the details are correct, its good.

Just as long as the items are not on their prohibited list btw.

#4743 warmgreentea, Dec 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    bugs likes this.
  4. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Thanks for the heads up but it's kinda too late though :( I also ordered from Apple as they usually accept Kango's address.
    sorry for your lost item. was it lost on their warehouse or during transit here?

5. C9

C9 Active Member

Any recommendation for a reliable shipper based in Oregon (US tax free)?

6. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

https://www.buyandship.ph

The US warehouse of Buyandship is in Portland, Oregon.

Theus likes this.
  7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

warehouse!

fedex said they delivered and kango said they did not get it :(

8. C9

C9 Active Member

Thanks. Above P95,000 you'll have to pay regular customs and duties though.

9. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

happy with them? might give them a try. Thanks.

10. gaol

Looking back, all my shipments in 2021 were through Buyandship. Not having to pay sales tax is what made me try them over LBC Shipping Cart, my previous go-to shipper.

It looks like they have more items on the prohibited list than Shipping Cart so check your intended purchase first, or better yet ask them via their helpful chat support (just be patient, it takes awhile before thy respond). They also have two shipment options: DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid) for an item or consolidated items amounting to less than P10K, or DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) for those P10K and above. Their FAQs/tutorials and their FB group are also very informative.

#4750 gaol, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Theus likes this.
  11. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

What forwarder do you guys know that allows batteries? I can't find one that could forward the needed battery replacement for my old Razer Blade Stealth which is supposed to come from ifixit.com

12. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

I used Johnny Air to ship ifixit replacement batteries for my iPhone X and iPhone 6s.

shifty_md likes this.
  13. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

14. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

fedex might have insurance for lost items.

15. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

shifty_md likes this.
  16. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

tried contacting them. end of the day their reason is someone received the item. its not their fault anymore.
    as for kango... all they told me is complain to fedex and they will not be held responsible.... soooo bye bye ipad pro and apple pencil 2 :(. NEVER AGAIN!

17. gaol

In fairness to LBC Shipping Cart, it looks like they're expanding their service to other countries. Just today I was informed of my ShippingCart Japan address.

I now have ShippingCart addresses for Australia, Japan, South Korea, UK, and of course the US.

18. C9

C9 Active Member

My LBC shipping cart sea deliveries arrived today. 72 days from the time I paid. For the first time tracking said it went through Hongkong, where it got stuck for 3 weeks. Normally sea goes thru Taiwan or straight to Manila. Anyway LBC says lead time for sea is now 75 days, from usual 60.

19. C9

C9 Active Member

One item was a large Pelican case, bought used from Amazon warehouse. The trekpak dividers were missing, a U$140 value. Return or refund was valid until January 31. First Amazon guy I chatted with said to get refund from freight forwarder, as per Amazon policy. I wrote that it didn't make sense to pilfer just the dividers, since it was useless without the Pelican case, that the parts were missing from origin. It was elevated and another person chatted with me, agreeing to a return. I wrote it was a large case and shipping it back would cost a lot. He agreed to refund, supposedly a 1 time exception. I was expecting $140 for the missing parts, but they refunded the whole $280 instead. Another item a few years back was a li-ion solar power generator worth about $300, which conked out within the 1 year warranty. I reasoned same, shipping it back would be too costly. I got the full refund as well. That was supposedly a 1 time exception as well.

20. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

Mine's 89 days, from payment to actual delivery.

Not complaining since items are not that important, as long as it arrives safely.

[​IMG]