Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

I've always used LBC ShippingCart or Amazon's international shipping. May not be the cheapest but the most reliable for me.

ronjet likes this.
  2. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

I bought from a merchant direct and didn't go through Amazon. If these are actual, separate services, pardon my ignorance, but how does one use them? I've never had to pass through a company to get my stuff before as I'd usually have family flying back and forth before COVID happened

3. VicB

To use LBC ShippingCart, you have to create a free account at their website (https://www.shippingcart.com/home). You'll be assigned a USA shipping address where US merchants can send your order.
    If you want to use Amazon to ship your Amazon orders, just use your Philippine address as the shipping address to have your items directly shipped here.

ronjet likes this.
  4. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

Thanks for the clarification, VicB! I'm actually reading up on ShippingCart now as I have another pending purchase where I can possibly try them out. Have they sorted out their service now? I read a few pages back that things were a cluster*ck during and after the first wave of the pandemic.

5. vincer

vincer Active Member

I’ve been using buyandship since last year. So far so good after 12 shipments. Usually takes less than a week for your package to arrive at their HK warehouse, then about 5 days for it to be delivered to my QC address. I have tried shipping to their US, UK, Japan and HK warehouses.

Loysir, Leon21 and ronjet like this.
  6. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

Good to know, vincer. Thanks for the feedback!

7. kristianne

kristianne Active Member

from shippingcart to buyandship.........no bad experience though with shippingcart.......tax free within US with buyandship, you pay by the weight, fixed rate per lb. ....

Loysir likes this.
  8. VicB

The pandemic last year really gave them issues. I used them for a shipment early this month & it arrived as promised. BTW, Amazon does not ship some items internationally. That's when I have my Amazon order shipped to ShippingCart.

9. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

Hi VicB, yes, some shops (not just Amazon) frustratingly do not ship internationally and this was limiting my purchases. Now with services like these, no excuse! Ha ha ha! Even if you do not have a US Credit Card, you can now buy and ship to the Philippines! Very dangerous for my bank account! But there are now more possibilities :)

VicB likes this.
  10. kristianne

kristianne Active Member

my klein tools shipped directly from amazon to my place (tondo, manila) in just 6 days (may 24 order placed - may 30 delivered)...$25.85 shipping and handling...

11. Loysir

Loysir New Member

Hi, based from your experience, was it worth it to choose the Duty Unpaid if the total amount of the items to be shipped is under PHP10k? Or should I choose the Duty Paid option instead regardless of the items?

12. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

DDU (Duty Unpaid) makes sense for items or consolidated items amounting to less than P10K since it's much cheaper per pound. You will have to make sure though that you space your DDU shipments so that they do not arrive in Philippine customs for assessment on the same day. If that happens, all your DDU shipments will be assessed as one and if the combined value exceeds P10K you will be taxed accordingly.

Btw, it seems Buyandship will have a slight increase for DDU rates starting sometime August, but only for the first pound. In excess of 1 pound the pricing per pound will remain the same at P380/pound.

#4732 gaol, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Loysir and kristianne like this.
  13. Loysir

Loysir New Member

Great insight. I guess buyandship would be a practical choice after all. Thanks for answering!

14. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Has anyone here ordered from iHerb already? Keen to know your experience! What's the courier they use and if there are fees to be paid?

15. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I ordered from there years ago because I had a voucher from being a previous employee. At the time, they either use DHL, (and iirc there are duty fees involved), or post office (cheaper but takes much longer, so long that I forgot I ordered and addressed it to my mom and we at first had no clue when she received a letter that she has something to pick up there until I remembered). I'm not sure if anything changed because that's like 3 or 4 years ago.

16. Noname

Noname Member

Hi does anyone know if I can buy medicines from Amazon and send straight here in Philippines?
    I'm going to use Amazon shipping and was wondering if I need any documents when claiming the items?
    These are for personal consumption any immediate reply will help thank you.