Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

it's just so hard to be in our position. we cant do anything about it. and yes it's a he said, she said situation and im caught in the middle.... i really dont think it is B&H fault, but the point that they dont want to help me with fedex to help me check and or investigate what happened is just bad customer service. Atleast Apple offered to investigate with what happend to my brothers ipad ( still waiting for investigation results) I really think the culprit knew to do this on peak season so with so much package arriving both parties are not able to check quickly the package thus stealing it would be harder to catch than normal slow days. HAYYYY its just 50k down the drain! man! i should have given it to charity na lang!

2. jologs

jologs Active Member

@zagu

Sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I hope it will somehow work out in the end.

In my case, I already canceled my order from B&H to Kango. No more Kango for me.

I will just re-order and ship to SC instead and pay the sales tax. Hopefully I can recoup some of that from the credit card rebate.

3. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

I's still try with the bank, see if there's anything they can do. Wouldn't hurt to ask them for this amount.

4. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Since you’ve already exhausted all means to find your package to no avail, try posting it on Facebook in public and tag Kango’s page. Wait for it to go viral and watch them move swiftly to find that package.

ericb likes this.
  5. king64

king64 Active Member

In my experience, they hardly reply to fb messenger.

6. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i've been an SC user also for years and no problem with it... i guess.... this is goodbye kango for me

7. raze19

raze19 Active Member

First time using BuyAndShip
    Opted for "Delivered Duty Paid " @ P600 per pound and watch weight was rounded off to 2Ibs.
    I paid 1.2k for the chargeable weight + 520 insurance (declared value $360)= total service cost P1720.
    Took them 8 days from Portland to PH.

ericb, ronjet and king64 like this.
  8. wuyckie

wuyckie Member

In Amazon, 30% off when you use PayMaya, up until February 12, 2021.
    Promotion code: PYMY30

#4688 wuyckie, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    raze19 and ronjet like this.
  9. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

What forwarding company can ship an item more than 12 pcs of the same kind?

10. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

ShippingCart can do it, they just divide the shipments.

ronjet likes this.
  11. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Looks like Amazon is no longer allowing certain purchases to be shipped to freight forwarders, in this particular case, Shipping Cart:

https://www.philmug.ph/community/threads/items-worth-buying-at-amazon-us.94590/page-26

Check out Post 516-517.

Not sure if other freight forwarders are also affected, or if it's just a matter of time, as soon as Amazon gets to identify each freight forwarder, starting with the more popular forwarders. (Hmm... BuyandShip kaya?)

ronjet and jayparalejas like this.
  12. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

just to chime in did you try claiming it via credit card ? some cards allows undelivered items to be disputed and reverse chanrges

13. ronjet

Really? How? Because I just emailed them and they said they can’t do it if it is more than 12 items of the same kind.
    Will I just send them the items(ex. 24 pcs) in 1 shipment and they will just automatically divide the shipment going here? Will they charge twice because of the two shipments?
    Thanks sir jay! ;)

14. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Already did those for 23pcs of echo dots. Same payment different shipment tracking.

ronjet likes this.
  15. ronjet

Oh wow! Thanks sir jay! Will try it. :)

16. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

im in the process right now... still under investigation. hoping and praying

Silentwill likes this.
  17. king64

king64 Active Member

Lost something in Kango.

Item was delivered but never posted in my account. The excuse given was that they receive several packages a day. Not really a valid reason in my opinion since this is their main business.:mad:

This never happened with SC in over 4 - 5 years of shipping with them..

18. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Did they eventually find it? Or is Kango claiming they did not receive it?

... By the way, I tried Buyandship for the first time, for a Ubiquiti router that for some reason Amazon is no longer allowing to be shipped to Shipping Cart. I was impressed by the very quick updates to the status of my package every step of the way. Well, ... except for the final status: I got the router last week and the status right now is still stuck at "Ready for Delivery."

Still my first experience was good. I'm thinking this can be my backup to Shipping Cart. I'm on the fence though whether I like or don't like their very frequent and perhaps overly aggressive mailers about ongoing sales, prices of popular products, online sites to buy from, etc., etc.

#4698 gaol, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    ronjet likes this.
  19. king64

king64 Active Member

I don't think they even bothered to check if item was received or not.

They just said will keep an eye out for it and seems like no further action will be taken.

They don't keep track or record what they receive, I think. Burden is on the sender and buyer of the item.

20. king64

king64 Active Member

Got a proof of delivery from fedex with a receivers name on it. Kango just ignored it and said that all items had been processed.